Friday, July 1, 2011

Equality Takes 10 Steps Backward

From CNN alerts:


"A divided federal appeals court has struck down Michigan's controversial ban on consideration of race and gender in college admissions.



The issue is likely to renew the national political and legal debate over affirmative action, which the Supreme Court could be poised to resolve in coming months.



The 2-1 ruling at the 6th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals concluded the voter-approved ban on "preferential treatment" at state colleges and universities was unconstitutional, and "alters Michigan's political structure by impermissibly burdening racial minorities."

2 comments:

Schteveo said...

Yeah, there's no way that competing on grades ALONE that the game was ever fair! There's no way that a black kid can get into or go through college without the gub'ment propping him up.

If I WAS black, and I had to look around every day, thinking to myself,
.
.

"...most of these people think I'm here on a court order! How many realize I was class President in college, that I graduated at 16 from HS, had my MBA at 23 and my IQ is 166!"
.
.
If I was THAT guy, I'd be pissed at ALL the jerks who still think we need Affirmative Action Laws. I'd be especially pissed at the lazy bastards who use those laws to get ahead, then do a half-assed job, knowing 'the law' is on their side and that they'll never get fired.

Spider said...

How appropriate that this should come down when We The People are ready to celebrate our "independence". As was the Prop-8 case out in Mexifornia, We The People, which is supposed to be the ultimate voice in government, don't seem to have very much to say any more. And when they do have something to say, some liberal clown in a robe tells them to sit down and STFU.

Once again, it makes me wonder just how far the American people will allow themselves to be pushed, or if they even care.

I wish all of you a safe and happy 4th. Enjoy it while it's still allowed...