Sunday, December 18, 2011

To ME, this was 50 STAGGERING Facts about our Economy

I'm still shaking my head. Shake yours too. I'm thinking of starting my New Years drinking early now. I'm just loading the first 10. There are some real humdingers from 11 through 50.

The following are 50 economic numbers from 2011 that are almost too crazy to believe....

#1 A staggering 48 percent of all Americans are either considered to be "low income" or are living in poverty.

#2 Approximately 57 percent of all children in the United States are living in homes that are either considered to be "low income" or impoverished.

#3 If the number of Americans that "wanted jobs" was the same today as it was back in 2007, the "official" unemployment rate put out by the U.S. government would be up to 11 percent.

#4 The average amount of time that a worker stays unemployed in the United States is now over 40 weeks.

#5 One recent survey found that 77 percent of all U.S. small businesses do not plan to hire any more workers.

#6 There are fewer payroll jobs in the United States today than there were back in 2000 even though we have added 30 million extra people to the population since then.

#7 Since December 2007, median household income in the United States has declined by a total of 6.8% once you account for inflation.

#8 According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 16.6 million Americans were self-employed back in December 2006. Today, that number has shrunk to 14.5 million.

#9 A Gallup poll from earlier this year found that approximately one out of every five Americans that do have a job consider themselves to be underemployed.

#10 According to author Paul Osterman, about 20 percent of all U.S. adults are currently working jobs that pay poverty-level wages.

.
And yet, our fearless leaders are squabbling over WHO CAUSED this mess. Well, I think it's all of them. So Merry friggin' sad ass Christmas to all our elected over lords of the last 40 or 50 years, who put us here.
.
.
Santa Schteveo

7 comments:

Spider said...

You're right Steve, but remember, those overlords couldn't have totally screwed-up the country without the help of the weakminded and gullible American sheeple.

BTW, have you noticed how unemployment benefits have quietly become just another form of welfare? Hey, guess what? If you pay people not to work, they won't! DUH!

Anonymous said...

All this "low income" is total bull. It's a level set by the government to create an ever larger group of people that need to be "helped". We have a couple of "low income" mortgage subsidized houses in our town. One day, one of the newest residents in one of those abodes called the township to complain that the central air didn't work right! Good Grief!

regularguy said...

What these stats prove is that Obama has been an unabated success. His desire to bring the country down to the level of a banana republic is becoming reality. I bet even he is surprised how easily he was able to accomplish this in 3 short years.
And
Spider...you are correct, sir. We have noone
to blame but ourselves.

Schteveo said...

In some ways I agree, that we have 'ourselves', en masse to blame.

However (comma) I can't imagine that Average Joe Voter, EVER thought that voting for Candidate "A', who wanted clean air and water for Little Average Joe, would lead us to the EPA, CAFE Standards and OUTLAWING light bulbs!

Now the flip side is how we get to a place where thes Bill Clinton's blow job in the WH, AS a sitting President is no biggie, but the Cain ACCUSATIONS disqualify him for office. Why areen't Joe and Evelyn Average pissed off at ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, NYT, LAT, ChiTrib, et FRIGGIN al, about that getting pumped up? Why aren't the 99% mad as hell over there candidates having different rules?

BOW said...

Me bro sent this to me earlier today.

BOW said...

Hey RG- How about Tambor 2012 and Jaco' 2013?

alan said...

Hi guys, sorry for the absence.
I joined the ranks of the unemployed in November, just in time for the holidays.

Unfortunately, I have too much cash in savings and too much vacation time saved up to be eligible for unemployment till this week (and this is my wait week, in order to see if I can find a job before I start collecting) so....8 weeks of unemployment filing before I can even start to collect anything.

Underemployed: as you know, I have an MBA and an MMH, and the best prosepect so far is as a flunky tax preparer for H&R block.....after the first of the year. At least they called me back to ask if I was serious about wanting a job with them, with my qualifications. My answer: Are you willing to pay me?

Other funny thing: My weekly pay will be about $72 less than I can get for unemployment. I'm not sure how I feel about that. But what do I do between now and then?

And going up to North Dakota...spent $600 heading up there the week of Thanksgiving. Unless you have a CDL or already have a place to live, forget it. parking my 12x8 trailer cost me $300 for a week, and that didn't include water or electricity.