Thursday, December 31, 2009

Most Parents over 50, ALREADY knew this

.
Imagine this, a "study" has shown that teenagers who were spanked, are better as teenagers, than kids who weren't spanked. Who knew? Everybody who spanked their kids, that's who.
.
But it's a much bigger picture, and as usual, the really educated people missed it.
.
The people who don't spank are also going to be liberal, PC, progressive, and think Johnny and Janey can do no wrong. We all know these idiots. Their little darlings wreak havoc wherever they go and the parents say, "
.
...it's a 'phase'...",
.
"...'we're' experimenting with destruction...",
.
",...she'll grow out of these tantrums in a while, I'm just going to let her learn on her own...".
.
Yeah, that's why they are so well adjusted when they hit the adult workforce, right? These children are raised in permissive atmospheres that give the little twits a feeling of superiority and expectation that takes them into the teen years with an attitude of the same, but them fueled by raging hormones. But, they'll grow out of it.
.
To which, I say, "...aw, BULLSHIT!" But I'm old fashioned, what do I know. After all, my sons were in that unfortunate group that chose the military because they didn't have anything else.
.
Here's my take on spanking.

Back during the old Cold War days, the East and West practiced what was called Nuclear Detente. Nobody wanted to launch first because they knew that the other guys would wipe them off the face of the Earth. My kids, and now my grandkids are being raised in that same spirit. I call it,
.
"Assbeating Detente"
.
My kids knew then, and the g'sons know now, don't start anything, I would then, and still will now, spank them off the face of the Earth. Oddly enough, the 5 g'sons are better for me, and Grandma Schteveo, than for anyone else. Go figure. For that matter, my son's both know when NOT to F**k with me too. They are 35 and 28. My daughters-in-law know this too. I am not one to be trifled with, and for the most part people are kind and friendly at my house. Again, go figure.
.
Happy New Year to all, and see ya' next year.
.
.
Schteveo

15 comments:

Spider said...

You're right Steve. IMO, kids are a lot like dogs, (and i love both dearly) in that, you will regret raising them without any discipline. In fact, and in time, they both will make you pay for that lack of discipline, because even they know it's necessary. And don't confuse discipline with abuse. They're not the same.


To all our friends here and their loved ones, i wish a healthy, prosperous, safe, and VERY Happy New Year!

Missy said...

Yesterday on Fox there was a story of an 11-year old girl and her 15 year old boyfriend who tried to set the mom on fire because of a dispute involving cigarettes the day before. The police called it "typical teenage angst." So I guess in a PC liberal world its not typical for 11 year old girls to date 15 year old boys who try to light their parents on fire because they wont let them bum a cigarette?

srk said...

The lost art of spnaking. One has to pay good money these days, and it doesn't even come close.

Schteveo said...

Missy,
and I'll bet next months SSD check, to a box of donuts, that Mom is a liberal / Obama voter.

BTW, if a 15 y/o boy is sniffing around my 11 y/o daughter, me and his parent(s) would be talking after the first offense, and me and the Missing Persons Bureau would be talking after the second, and final, offense. And, I have built in, years old, non-crackable alibis. Especially one's that would protect an 11 y/o girl with a lie!! History shows there's a good chance that a 15 y/o who looks at 11 y/o girls, will do it at 25, 35, 45... But just looking NEVER is enough with those sick bastards.

Personally 30 y/o "girls" seem too young to me now. And most of them are dumb as a post. Big boobs don't make up fer dumb!!

Anonymous said...

They don't?

Schteveo said...

Never have for me.

Anonymous said...

big boobs and dumb. now we're tslking!

"Grammie" or whatever name he wants to call me!! said...

Hey... I'm not 50 (yet) and I already knew this!

Anonymous said...

About big boobs or spanking?

Schteveo said...

C-Buggaloo,
it is, I think, a foregone conclusion that you my sweet are smarter than the average person. I don't know your exact age, but your comments and general knowledge shine through.

Perhaps I should have said anyone over 50, and smart ladies who post here. Missy isn't near 50 yet, she knew too.


Semi OT

Have any of you had opportunity to see a show called ""Bait Car"? It's a 30 minute, weekly show from L.A., where the police use a Caddy Escalade as bait to catch car thieves.

I am both amazed and appalled at the number of people, cutting across socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds who will steal a car. And they are not surprised or upset when they get caught!! Most are indignant and don't see that they've done anything "wrong", it's just joy riding.

If you haven't seen this slice of Americana, look it up. It's on "Tru TV", the one that used to be "Court TV". Seriously, if you want to see the breakdown of ethics and society, this is it in 30 minute blocks.


(total weirdness while I wrote this, I just heard 'In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida' on the radio, the whole 17 minute version, I'm flashing back!!)

"Grammie" or whatever name he wants to call me!! said...

I'll be sure to let y'all know when I do turn 50.

Nothin' like a little Iron Butterfly to make me flash back to when I was, say... 16! ;-)

Spider said...

Good idea Lady-Bug. We'll all have a drink to celebrate your 50th.

Steve, i've seen that show many times. It takes place in and around L.A. county and it's really funny. Those morons are lucky stupidity isn't a capital offense. The only thing it tells us about America is that we are a borderless country, since the majority of these nitwits are illegals. And the reason they see nothing wrong is because south of the border, almost everyone drives a car stolen here. It's no big deal to them.

Hanky Panky Spanky said...

Now the prices are sure to rise

Schteveo said...

Spider,
we watched 4 or 5 of them over 2 nights and what we saw wasn't just illegals or even a majority of.

We saw every race look foolish and both sexes. As I already knew, stupidity is everywhere.

They weren't just hitting the ghetto or barrio either. I know enough about L.A. to know that some of the streets they were on are middle-class America. Anyone dumb enough to leave their car open is stupid anyway. But anyone dumb enough to just drive off because the car is open and the keys are in the ignition, is certifiably ignorant. They deserve jail, and a good ass kicking too.

HLF said...

This topic has been all over the con blogs. Savages waving this around like a license to beat the kids.

I guess cons really get off on hitting their kids.

Sick.