Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Safety First!

I borrowed this post from Transterrestrial Musings. It's always good to remind folks about firearms safety.
.
From, "View from the Porch", another Blogspot Blog. We're neighbors!
.
Then our buddy the pawn shop owner crawfished. I sighed and pulled the gun from the showcase, removed the trigger tag, and laid it on the counter between him and my boss. About the time pawn shop guy was leaving, I was walking out of the store to cross the street and get lunch for everybody.

When I came back, there was the PPK, sitting on the counter by the computer. "Arthur changed his mind again?" I asked, and was told that, indeed, he had sat in his car for a moment and then came back in and threw the Walther in on the deal at the last minute. Sweet! I still had the trigger tag handy, so I put it back on the gun and passed it to the salesman who put it back in the showcase with one hand while eating his hamburger with the other.

I wandered off to a far corner of the showroom where I could eat my burger in peace, back turned to the sales floor, when *KA-BAM!*

A customer is standing there with the PPK in his hand and an appalled look on his face, smoke wisping theatrically from the barrel and a divot in the linoleum at his feet containing a flattened Winchester Silvertip.


.
OUCH, huh!!!!?. Go read the comments over at TtM. Especially from some guy called Der Schtumpy!
.
.
Schteveo

4 comments:

Der Pootshter said...

Der Schtumpy

Guess we know where that stray round went

EH HENT!!!!!!!!!!!

Stimpy said...

Hey REN!!!

Schteveo said...

I've NEVER been in the vicinity of a "stupid round" like that. And I pray that I never have the opportunity either.

Spider said...

I have. It can be the worlds greatest laxative.