Sunday, September 4, 2011

Belated Friday Funny

I was down near the Texas/Mexico border visiting a friend when I saw a fundamentalist Muslim extremist fall into the Rio Grande River one morning. He was struggling to stay afloat because of all the guns and bombs that he was carrying.

Along with him was an illegal Mexican drug cartel member who was also struggling to stay afloat because of the large backpack of drugs that was strapped to his back.

I knew if they didn't get help soon, they'd surely drown.

Being a responsible person, and abiding by the law to help those in distress, I informed both the El Paso County Sheriff's Office and Homeland Security.

It is now 4 pm, both have drowned, and neither authority has responded. I'm starting to think I wasted two stamps.
.
.
Schteveo

3 comments:

BOW said...

I thought it was funny. Wife says oooyyyyyyy

Spider said...

LOL! Oh, what does she know! ;)

Schteveo said...

OY?

I'm not gonna ask, bet that seems very NYC 'ethnic'. You never hear anyone in NC say 'oy'.

(well, I do sometimes...but usually followed by 'gevalt!' and usually some place where cussing will cause Mrs Schteveo to rip off my head a bark down my wind pipe!)
.
.
.
OT, but still funny

(and I almost got barking from my Mrs too)


A friend of our makes really good home made candy from Chex cereal. They taste really good, but they look peculiar. So I have christened them CCT's. I can never remember what they are actually called and I'm not supposed to say what I call them in front of the grandsons.

As it's a holiday weekend, there was a cookout, lo' and behold, CCT's on the dessert table. I didn't attend because of yet another bout of vertigo, but I got in trouble by long distance grandkid!

I got it second hand that the conversation went something like this...holiday weekend bbq, everyone chased indoors due to thunder storms, 25 adults and about as many kids in the house, Grandma and the maker of CCTs standing right there...

Cue the long winded Knucklehead Brothers!
.
.

Grandson 1, the younger one, 6 y/o..."..oh, these are the candies pop likes but doesn't like."

Grandson 2, his 13 y/o brother, "...he does to like them...it's a joke when he says CCTs.".

GS1 "...no, he doesn't like them because they look funny, he just eats them to be nice!"

GS2 "he is not nice, he calls them that 'cause grandma yells at him when he calls them candied cat turds!"

(I'm just glad I was at home, head spinning, barfing in a bucket...it's really hard for even an angry wife to go after you when you are like that and it's NOT self induced!)

(luckily, I have the kids alone two nights this week...I'll dig the shallow graves before I see them again. OR I could wait, and make them dig their own shallow graves!)