Thursday, September 1, 2011

...we'll always have Pittsburgh.

Frankly my Dear, I don't give a rats ass!
.
..and your big fat cat too!!
.
I'm gonna make him an offer and he can take it or leave it.
.
What we have here, is a simple problem of communication.
.
.
I could do this ALL day, but I won't.
.
Actually, do you get WHAT I'm doing? I'm changing, ever so slightly, some of the most famous quotes from classic movies. Now I'll admit, I'm a nut for old flicks, I spend WAY more time watching TCM than I do seeing new movies. And not because I'm cheap.
.
Now I'm not a complete nut, I like some new movies. I simply don't believe that "Saw XXXIV", or "He knows what you did on Elm Street: Freddie gets Potty Trained by Michael Myers, the Redux", is as scary as "The Birds" or "The Exorcist". "Bridget Jones (thick ass) Diary III" is NOT as good as "You can't take it with you" or "It Happened One Night" for boy meets girls kinda stuff.
.
Likewise, younger actors ain't got the chops of the old guys either. Brad Pitt ain't no Cary Grant, Clooney ain't Bogie, and no one born after 1950 is better than anyone born before as far as movie making goes.

So throw out the new "Oceans 11", "12" and "19" too! No one was cooler than the Rat Pack. Hell most of the women in pre-1980 movies would STARVE in Hollywood today. Too' fat'. But that's a different topic. I could do this ALL day, but I won't. We were discussing classics and changes. Old versus new.
.
I have no idea what kind of movies you like. But most people, regardless of their likes, do NOT want that like monkeyed with! CGI cannot make up for talent. It also cannot make up for shit the writer(s) / director(s) / producer(s) didn't consider earlier. It can't even, in the minds of the viewers, make up for stuff they just couldn't do when the original was made!
.
Yeah, you're asking, "...Schteveo, WTF are you rambling about! Spit it out you fat, rambling bastard!"
.
Bite me, my parents were too married!.
.
Here's what set me off this AM. George freakin' Lucas has changed Star Wars.
.
AGAIN!!!
.
This time, he's changed things for the Blu-Ray release. Or in the case of the original three flicks, the re-re-re-release.
.
Now I understand that these movies are not everyone's cup of tea. But after 40 odd years, 6 movies, TV shows, a ton of books and 2 1/2 generations of rabid fans, these movies ARE classics! You should not keep changing them!! And I have the perfect solution for Mr. Lucas & ILM,
.
"I love the smell of hydrogen bombs in the morning!"
.
I really could keep doing this ALL day.
.
.
Schteveo

7 comments:

Spider said...

1. "Frankly my dear, i don't give a damn"... Gone With The Wind

2. "I'll make him an offer he can't refuse..." The Godfather

3. "What we have here is a failure to communicate..." Cool Hand Luke

4. I love the smaell of Napalm in the morning..." Apocalypse Now

I think i missed the 2nd one...

Here one for you Stevie,... "Is this the end of Rico"?

Schteveo said...

Edward G. Robinson, "Little Caesar".

People think my family is weird, we quote movies and TV shows all the time. It's a sickness with us.

So changing movies is a sacrilege 'round here!

Spider said...

Very good bud! It's one of the ways we keep our minds sharp. ;)

Schteveo said...

It's a life long search for knowledge. WAY, way, way back, in the 5th Grade, I had the best teacher of my entire school career. I have no idea how or why she made a difference. With the exception of her telling us that we should learn something new everyday and learning doesn't JUST happen at school.

On the down side, she may also have set me up for dropping out of school!

If you can learn outside of school, why stick around!? But she set me on my autodidactic journey. It does seem to keep my old melon working.

And what a long, strange trip it's been.


(it seems we quote songs too I guess!)

Schteveo said...

Half the time when I comer in here, I can hear crickets in the corners!

I said...

"Eat Sit and Die"

Anonymous said...

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

Samuel L Jackson
Pulp Fiction