Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I'm appalled and outraged

Some days I am shocked by what I see and hear. Other days, I'm appalled and outraged. Today, is the latter.
.
Ethicists Argue for Post Birth Abortions

.

In the Journal of Medical Ethics, two ethicists argue plainly for the killing of babies post birth. They’re not hedging their bets. They’re saying it plain and simple. And I, for one, thank them for it.

Alberto Giubilini and Francesca Minerva, associated respectively with Monash University, in Melbourne, Australia, and with the Oxford Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics, in the UK, wrote a piece called “After-birth abortion: why should the baby live?”

I could buy the article for $30 and I was close to doing it but then I thought why am I giving these animals my money. I’d essentially be paying these “ethicists” to write more about the right of killing humans.

So, in the “abstract” that’s available for free at the site, it says:

Abortion is largely accepted even for reasons that do not have anything to do with the fetus’ health. By showing that (1) both fetuses and newborns do not have the same moral status as actual persons, (2) the fact that both are potential persons is morally irrelevant and (3) adoption is not always in the best interest of actual people, the authors argue that what we call ‘after-birth abortion’ (killing a newborn) should be permissible in all the cases where abortion is, including cases where the newborn is not disabled.

Here’s the thing - they’re right. If you accept their premises, they’re absolutely right.

The second we allow ourselves to become the arbiters of who is human and who isn’t, this is the calamitous yet inevitable end. Once you say all human life is not sacred, the rest is just drawing random lines in the sand.

An ethicists job is like a magician’s. The main job of both is to distract you from the obvious. The magician uses sleight of hand to pretend to make people disappear. But when ethicists do it, people disappear for real.

Personally, I'm onboard with this idea. So long as I am the ONE who gets to decide, whom and how LONG post birth. Listen, I'm no piker when it comes to this kind of thinking. I've drawn back a number of times, from the brink of deleting some pretty worthless 'humans' that I've encountered. So I won't be letting the air out of just anyone because I don't like them.

I'm a reasonably practicing Christian, so I have ethics that will not mimic the ethics of religious radicals, or political radicals who quite often kill indiscriminately, based solely on skin color or religious or political affiliation or sexual orientation. I know I am NOT God, retribution based on those original jobs are his bailiwick.

I'd stick to killing, sorry that's the wrong word, I'd stick to 'aborting' people who have proven to be dangerous to humanity as a WHOLE. I'd 'abort' proven murdering thugs. I'm talking Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Tojo, Kim Jong Il, medical ethicists who tout such 'ethics' as these. I'd take out the 'ethicists' first. Because what they espouse only emboldens the mad dog, murdering assholes of the world. I'm appalled and outraged that I haven't been allowed to start, before NOW!

A pox on their houses.

.

Schteveo

7 comments:

Spider said...

Aren't these the same people who would fight to save a convicted mass-murderer from the death penalty, or save the life of a groundhog while millions of us pay through the nose for a gallon of gas?

And, don't these same people prove to us how very important it is to reinstate public hangings?

Anonymous said...

"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Our country is now taking so steady a course as to show by what road it will pass to destruction, to wit: by consolidation of power first, and then corruption, its necessary consequence..." --- Thomas Jefferson

1999 Poots said...

Old Lady is on her way to Shanghai. Currently approaching Kamchatka Peninslua. She keft at 5:30n this morning, gets to Shanghai about 5:30 am our time tomottow. Emily and I partuying like its 1999. No stoppink in site for da nex 10 daze.

ShangHi-HangHi-Poot said...

PS

EATME

srk said...

Sorry, but "appalled and outraged" is only allowed for certain groups of which none of us are members. Have a nice day.

Schteveo said...

I'm reclaiming outrage and being appalled for WASPS, NON-liberal-NON-wasps, and in general for people who are NOT part of the Obamanation that is America in 2012!

srk said...

You need to fill out the proper forms and pay the administrative fees to file these grievences.