Thursday, October 6, 2011

You've GOT to be kidding me!!!

OK, lemme set this up for you.
.
As many will remember, Mrs. Schteveo and I bought a HUD house last year. It cleared at least ONE toxic asset from their books. I will admit to getting a great deal, I will admit to buying almost as much equity as I spent for the property and I will admit that without this program, I wouldn't have been able to buy a house.
.
That's the up side.
.
When we filed our 2010 Federal Taxes, we took the New Home Buyer / Obama Bucks deduction. This was a FEDERAL PROGRAM, administered by a FEDERAL AGENCY, set up to encourage people to buy a house and get the economy rolling.
.
I got a letter from the IRS that said they wanted PROOF that we had bought the house.
.
(for those not in the know, when you file your taxes you have to include proof of all deductions. I did include my Mortgage Statement in my filing, which showed HOW MUCH we borrowed and HOW MUCH we paid for the house plus all the other crap you pay for when you get a mortgage)
.
The IRS wants proof of how much we paid for the house, and they want proof from the SELLER of how much we paid for the house. HUH?!
.
The United States Government wants me to prove to the United States Government that I actually bought a house from United States Government!!??? And how much money is involved? In total we are wrestling over, from the top of what they owe me, to the bottom of what they say I owe them is LESS than, $6000.
.
.
Now I told you THAT story to tell you this ONE.
.
.

Emails disclose planned 2nd Solyndra loan

.

Hard-up American taxpayers would have been shouldering more loans to bankrupt clean energy firm Solyndra had a second loan pushed through. Emails released Wednesday disclosed that the Energy Department was mulling another loan to Solyndra worth $490 million last year.

clearpxl

The second loan guarantee to the solar panel manufacturer was said to be considered by the department despite Solyndra’s auditors warning that the energy firm was on the verge of financial collapse.

The initial Solyndra loan was $528 million. The loan is under scrutiny by House Republicans who have expanded their investigation by asking the White House for documents related to the Solyndra loan all the way back to the inauguration of the company attended by President Barack Obama.

House Democrats released on Tuesday an email exchange on May 24, 2010, between officials of the Office of Management and Budget that suggested a second loan for Solyndra. The next day, Obama visited the Solyndra factory even as concern was growing over the company’s financial problems.

.
So our illustrious government was prepared to give almost a BILLION Dollars, with a "B", billion, that's 1000, million dollars to a company that was about to go belly up before the first loan and DID before the second one! And the same United States Government SOB's are fighting me over a disagreement over $4000, for which THEY should be able to account with two faxes!!! A request from the IRS and an answer from HUD!!!
.
But I guess they NEED my money so than can squander it on a business that makes a product that the Chinese can produce, at greater quantity and speed, at a lower price! Proof yet again that NO one in our nations capital understands HOW you create jobs or profits!
.
The stupid MFers!
.
.
Schteveo is hitting 11 on the livid scale!!!

5 comments:

Schteveo said...

BTW kids, did you know when the IRS asks you to fax information to them, that THEIR fax machines are set to NOT give you a time / date stamp proving they received the requested items?

If they were investigating YOUR business and you did that to and from your buyers / suppliers / business partners, etc, how do you think the IRS, DOJ, ATF would view it? I'm betting words like sneaky, underhanded and subversive would be used in court against you.

srk said...

Did you buy and install panels provided by Solyndra? No? Hmmm.

Spider said...

This is the result of the IRS's "diversity hiring" program. Tell the Mrs. to expect SWAT teams at your door any day now.

Schteveo said...

Spider,
I'll be the fat, dead corpse, amid the 10 or so well dressed, thin ones wearing bullet protection!

Shnortin Barrrrrrrrrrak said...

Well, I guess it's still better than just puttin it all up his nose again.