Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Reason Liberals Hate Sarah

An article in the NY Daily News about Sarah Palin caught my eye this morning, and I thought it worth passing on. Excerpt:

But for her detractors, nothing raises the ire of cynical liberals more than a happy-go-lucky, totally unburdened, freethinking and self-assured conservative woman who has everything she wants and then some. And without anyone's help.
~
Liberalism, after all, needs to imagine an unhappy populace. Passing sweeping entitlement programs and convincing voters that big government is the answer only works if people are frustrated with their stations in life.

I thought this summed it up quite well.

On the non-political side: I caught her first show on TLC the other night. It almost made me homesick. When they flew up Ruth Glacier to go rock climbing? I’ve also flown up Ruth (but we didn’t land). There is no TV camera (or any other kind of camera) that can even come close to catching the immensity of Ruth Amphitheater. A lot of people see life differently after being there.
~








'Moose's Tooth'
Ruth Amphitheater
Denali National Park, AK

4 comments:

Schteveo said...

I went to AK once...4th of July, 1998...got stopped just outside Wasilla...speeding...the officer discovered (to my complete surprise) that my drivers license was 3 YEARS expired.

4th of July Magistrates have NO sense of humor...he threw me in the cooler overnight...next day, they put me in line with guys trying to MAKE BAIL...I'm thinking I gotta go home and COME BACK UP HERE over a speeding ticket!! UH UH, I'm already on the bus with the mother stabbers and the father stabbers and the father rapers, and I'm sittin' with the biggest, meanest, ugliest father raper of 'em all...

In court I heard tales that would curl your hair (criminal court is like that)

Guy A stole Guy B's MOOSE!!! He sold the moose and now Huy A's kids get to go hungry.

Guys E,F,G,H & I tore up a bar, just because they COULD... That sort of thing.

Then the judge gets to ME...speeding, no license...and creatin' a nuisance...

He asked me if I understood the charges...

I said yes...

He asked the DA what SHE wanted me to do...

She said she wanted me released to pay my fines and go get a valid AK license like everyone is supposed to have...

The judge asked me if I'd do that...

I told him I would, if ONLY I know HOW to get an AK license, as I am not a resident, I am a VISITOR...

Why, you coulda' heard a pin drop on that court room carpet!!

He asked the DA,"...and how do we handle THIS madame District Attorney!"

She mumbled some crap about me getting released and dropping the DL charge, but she STILL wanted the speeding to stand, even though he police report stated that I had NEVER driven by the sign showing the posted speed limit. (I had driven into lumber lot just BEFORE the sign, turned around, headed back toward Anchorage and got stopped for speeding)

They released me, I flew back to WA where I was supposed to be working and spent one LONG day at a job where I'd lost all credibility.

In the end..I went to AK to sight see and I got to see some sights the average sight seer just doesn't GET to SEE!

Schteveo said...

I like Sarah Pahlin anyway!!

Spider said...

The Left will always attack those they fear most. They've been attacking Palin since the day McLoser picked her as his running mate, and they haven't let up because they realize she has the potential to really hurt them. This is why they put so much effort in demonizing her. Remember what they did to Bush? The harder they go after someone, the more they fear them, and she's at the top of their list. Why? Simple. 2012. You can bet your life that if she decides to run in 2012 they'll do anything and everything to destroy her. I just hope she's as strong as i think she is.

Schteveo said...

I think she can handle them. She has the best gist of all. The ability to laugh at herself. So she laughs at the Sarah Palin jokes too and moves on.

That's another reason they hate her!!

Have you EVER seen a lib with a true sense of humor? Most of them think it's HIGH-larious when the joke is on a non-lib, but get outraged over jokes ABOUT one of their own.