Thursday, October 21, 2010

On an old post, I just said they were coming apart!!

.

Screw Free Speech, NPR Fires Juan Williams for Muslim Remarks

.
NPR terminated its contract this evening with Juan Williams, who worked with them as a senior political analyst, after Williams appeared on Bill O’Reilly and spoke of a “Muslim dilemma:”

The move came after Mr. Williams, who is also a Fox News political analyst, appeared on the “The O’Reilly Factor” on Monday. On the show, the host, Bill O’Reilly, asked him to respond to the notion that the United States was facing a “Muslim dilemma.” Mr. O’Reilly said, “The cold truth is that in the world today jihad, aided and abetted by some Muslim nations, is the biggest threat on the planet.”

Mr. Williams said he concurred with Mr. O’Reilly.

He continued: “I mean, look, Bill, I’m not a bigot. You know the kind of books I’ve written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous.”

.
Williams qualified his remarks by saying in effect that, "...you can't say we have a Christian Dilemma, because of Timothy McVeigh".
.
When the TRUTH and someone's personal FEELINGS can't be said aloud without firings, the fecal matter is hitting the rotating wind machine for certain!!.
.
Here's the question, will Juan change camps now that his lib buddies have shown their true colors?
.
UPDATE: here's the NPR Story; for a real kick, go read the Comments Section.
.
.
Schteveo

1 comment:

Spider said...

I've seen Williams on Fox many times and i don't expect him to become anything other than the biased, Obamunist liberal that he is simply because the leftist NPR has dumped him due to his momentary (albeit factual) lapse in PC'ism. This is just another indication that out of desperation, the left is starting to eat their own, and i say GOOD!!