Tuesday, October 12, 2010

SENIOR Citizens my @$$!

.
Well, well, well. After giving MY tax dollars to the worthless financial humps all over the country. who caused the economic problems, I find out now that I get NO yearly increase in my SSD check.
.

Senior citizens brace for Social Security freeze

.
Seniors prepared to cut back on everything from food to charitable donations to whiskey as word spread Monday that they will have to wait until at least 2012 to see their Social Security checks increase.

The government is expected to announce this week that more than 58 million Social Security recipients will go through a second straight year without an increase in monthly benefits. This year was the first without an increase since automatic adjustments for inflation started in 1975.

“I think it’s disgusting,” said Paul McNeil, 69, a retired state worker from Warwick, R.I., who said his food and utility costs have gone up, but his income has not. He lamented decisions by lawmakers that he said do not favor seniors.

“They’ve got this idea that they’ve got to save money and basically they want to take it out of the people that will give them the least resistance,” he said.

Cost-of-living adjustments are automatically set by a measure adopted by Congress in the 1970s that orders raises based on the Consumer Price Index, which measures inflation. Social Security benefits will remain unchanged as long as consumer prices remain below the level they were at in 2008, the last time a COLA was awarded.

Still, seniors like McNeil said they’ll be thinking about the issue when they go to vote, and experts said the news comes at a bad time for Democrats already facing potentially big losses in November. Seniors are the most loyal of voters, and their support is especially important during midterm elections, when turnout is generally lower.

.
I'm planning on going back to work P/T anyway, but this still pisses off. And I've NOT heard, no can I find information, about Congress UNvoting themselves their annual AUTOMATIC raise this year. Have you?
.
.
Schteveo

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

QUOTABLE QUOTES:
"The income tax is bad because it was conceived in class hatred, is an instrument of vengeance and plays right into the hands of the communists. It employs the vicious communist principle of taking from each according to his accumulation of the fruits of his labor and giving to others according to their needs, regardless of whether those needs are the result of indolence or lack of pride, self-respect, personal dignity or other attributes of men."
– T. Coleman Andrews

Spider said...

How come there's never a freeze in welfare, food stamps, community outreach programs, or the hundreds of other govt programs that are designed to take my money and give it to folks who sit around all day getting stoned? The best way to make them pay their share would be to tax drug dealers.

Schteveo said...

Spider,
if we had the Fair Tax Plan, they'd get taxed along with the rest of us!!

B Obama W said...

It's part of the "health care plan" they don't talk about ---off you old bastards. You are no longer squeezable! You only want some of it back. Well: FU

Capeesh said...

Mexican police official investigating shooting death of American on border lake is found dead, headless

blue said...

I turn 62 in July so I want all you young snots to work hard, pay your taxes, and support me.

Schteveo said...

blue,
they're not going to do that. Ospenda is ruining the jobs market faster than the young'ins can pay taxes for us to sit around and get stoned!!

That's why I'm going back to work.

Spider said...

Me? I'm buying another new car. :)

srk said...

Jap monster, Kraut mobile or Gov't Motors?

alan said...

After buying a Pontiac made in Korea and a Ford made in Mexico, I'll buy a Jap Monster made in Tennessee any day of the week.

In regards to $ocial $ecurity...I'll never really see any of it anyway, even if it does still exist when I hit 62. My military pension is reduced penny for penny by anything that I get from S.S.

Makes me wonder why I have to contribute....no it doesn't.