Friday, December 24, 2010

Please remember them ALL this Weekend

I ain't gonna lie to you, I had to sit here a minute, trying to decide whether to share this. But then, I thought maybe, just maybe, some idiot liberal troll might look in here and see what "it" is all about.
.
This is from USS Kearsarge. They left a month early, to go help the Pakistanis after flooding over there last summer. And, recently, they got the word they they've been extended for 6 to 8 weeks.
.
How many of us go to work a MONTH early, work for 114 DAYS without a day off, stay at work two MONTHS over, all without going home EVER and then have the intestinal fortitude to send this e-mail? And I'm sure this wasn't the only one sent like this to reassure us HERE, that they do "it" for a reason.
.

Merry Christmas folks, from the entire Shteveo Family.
.
.

24 Dec, 0805 (EST +9)

Hi guys.

Not that I don’t think about you guys every day, but you understand why I do so more this time of year.

We recently left port after spending 114 days underway. It wasn’t the best port, but I got a couple of good meals and an honest to goodness weekend OFF! I think I’m good to go for quite a while, now.

I got out of my rack this morning, thinking about my fellow service members. Whether they are at sea, on the ground or in the air, we all feel the NEED to be where we are. There are MANY other places we all want to be, but personally, I know where I’m needed. There’s not a one of you that doesn’t understand how another sacrificing for you, can make a difference.

Do me one favor, when you think of me today or the next week, remember that I WANT to be here, so that YOU can be THERE.

I’ve got the watch. Sleep well and Merry Christmas.

Father, husband, son, cousin, friend and shipmate,

Daniel

.
.
Shteveo

6 comments:

BOW said...

God bless you Daniel and all the "Daniels" out there.

Anonymous said...

happy Kwanzaa

blue said...

all y'all have fun in da snow

Schteveo said...

It be's fixin' to snow ass deep to a giant giraffe here in central NC.







(ass deep to a giant giraffe by NC standards, you ask...that's about 6" to 8" here...and if I know these yokels, it will be treated like a Buffalo lake effect blizzard on the 4th of July...at high noon!!)

Spider said...

Ain't nothin bud compared to what we're in for up here. They're talkin "feet"!

I hope all of you and your loved ones had a Merry Christmas, and that the New Year will be a happy, healthy, safe, and prosperrous one for all of you.

As for our warriors who are far from their loved ones, i hope it's true that God protects the rightous, for if it is, they'll all come home safe. We can never pay them all that we own them.

alan said...

Here in Flagstaff, nothing all week! My one Christmas in the mountains for the foreseeable future, and nothing. If I had a lawn, I could mow it. At least we got to see plenty of deer Christmas morning. I blame global cooling, er, warming, er what ever it is called this week.

The snow if SLC was terrible last week though. 11 major traffic accidents. I went 9 months without losing a patient, then lost 3 in as many days. I pray for those families too. a 15 year old girl just days before Christmas. The worst was an 18 year old girl driving her 7 and 10 year old brothers. They were t-boned. She walked out without a scratch but lost both brothers. If anyone needs prayers, she does. She had done everything right, except being on the road in the first place.

My family....had 4/5 of the kids home plus a son in law. In bed by midnight, and nobody woke up till 8 in the morning. I don't know what I did wrong teaching my kids about Christmas Morning, but I've grown to appreciate it.

I hope that y'all had a great one. only 18 months till the next campaign season gets into full swing!!!