Monday, June 11, 2012

The Private Sector is FINE.

The net worth of the American family has fallen to its lowest level in two decades, according to government data released Monday, driven by a more than 40 percent drop in their stakes in their homes.

The Federal Reserve’s detailed survey of consumer finances showed families’ median wealth plunged from $126,400 in 2007 to $77,300 in 2010 — a 39 percent decline. That put them on par with median wealth in 1992. 

The Fed’s data underscore the depth of the wounds of the Great Recession and how far many families remain from healing. The median value of Americans’ debt did not change between 2007 and 2010. Meanwhile, the housing market crash inflicted particularly severe damage, with the Fed showing that the median value of Americans’ equity in their homes plunged 42.3 percent between 2007 and 2010. 
.
I don't know about anyone of us except me, but this IS my attack from now until November.  I'm not arguing war, taxes, internet, none of it!  I'm pounding THEIR OWN wallets!
.
I'm asking them plain and simple, "..are you or anybody you know better off?  Are you even level from 3 years ago?  Does everyone you know have a job?  Is it a good job?  Or are they delivering pizzas?"
.
They have two choices, lie or admit they're as screwed as we all are in here.
.
.
Schteveo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Spider said...

The Marxist-in-Chief knows he can stand up in front of the American sheeple and lie right to their faces. He's knows the MSM and his other devoted Obamunists will spin his remarks until they become facts.


"The bigger the lie, the more people will believe it..." -- Adolf Hitler

alan said...

it's easy for me to answer, Am I better off now than 3 years ago....believe it or not "yes"...but the last two years were pretty iffy.

Let's see...I'm back in the green machine doing a job that I loved.

I lost zero pay while I was retired...meaning that I retained my rank. On the upside, I gained 2 years on the pay scale.

I am adding to my retirement when i re-retire.

I am working, but this time without an efficiency report and physical fitness test.

I am non-deployable unless I volunteer to do it.

the only down side is that it is a 366 day gig with only 240 days left, then I could be back in the same boat I was in a year ago.

On the other hand, my house is valued at what I owe on it plus or minus a couple grand....but nobody in their right mind would pay that for it with everything thing else on the market.