Thursday, June 7, 2012

Where IS my Dictionary!?

If you saw an article that said,

Stuyvesant HS students hold 'Slutty Wednesday' to protest school’s strict dress code policy

wouldn't you assume that they were talking Paris Hilton / Lindsay Lohan w/o panties, boobs hanging out, dressed like something from a Little John video?  Check out the picture.

They look like they're headed to the woods for a hike!  How good an education are they getting, if they think THIS is slutty?

Anyway, read on.

Nearly 100 smarties at the city’s top-performing high school bared their bodies in “risque” outfits yesterday to denounce their school’s conservative dress code — which bans the exposure of shoulders, midriffs, lower backs, bras and undies.

Stuyvesant HS students held the so-called “Slutty Wednesday” protest after girls got fed up with being told throughout the year that their short skirts and sleeveless tops made them more fit for a club dance floor than for a seat at the best public school in town.
Boys in tank tops complained that the administration’s apparent emphasis on keeping the girls well-covered was not only biased, but it also maligned the guys as horny teens who can’t control themselves when they see too much skin.


“We work our asses off here, and school is about learning. Clothing is not important,” said ninth-grader Lucy Greider, who said she has been sent to the office 10 times this school year for showing off too much cleavage, midriff or shoulder.
“Sometimes, the teachers will call you out in the hallway, [but] I like what I wear. I want to have my own style in school,” she added. “A lot of the classrooms don’t have a/c’s and when it is 80 degrees outside and it is really hot, it’s perfectly OK to show a little skin.”
The dress code, which was introduced in the fall, bars students from donning tops with text or images in bad taste.

Shorts, dresses and skirts are not permitted to end above the fingertips when students extend their arms down at their sides.

I'm guessing the liberal goofball, permissive attitude is in full effect, and now that oit's biting the hyper-liberal teachers they don't like it?  Aww, I feel for them.And where, he asked smirking, are the PARENTS of these hyper-opinionated tarts!?  Or is there no longer a parent anywhere allowed to speak harshly to idiot high school slutty chicks?

If my NINTH-GRADE daughter was 'quoted in the Times' as saying "work our asses off", her's would be too sore for sitting upon, and her mouth would be fresh as an Irish Spring mornin'!

As a guy who went through 8 years of Catholic Grade School, replete with nuns who would beat your arse for mouthing off, I have a solution for this malady.  
.
School Uniforms.  It solves all this crap, because most p;laces with uniforms have a Uniforms ONLY Dress Code Policy the PARENTS must sign in advance!  Once again, I'm so glad I live in my little red-necky, NC country ass town!
.
(our southern HS girls only look slutty during the Annual Cheerleader's Bikini Car Wash!)
.
.
Schteveo

12 comments:

Missy said...

Wheres your dictionary!

Didn't you it use it to wipe your butt?

Schteveo said...

Why is it that I'm not buying that Missy said that?

Missy Luvz Da Butt Tang said...

Cause you're...


,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, asshamed

rocky said...

Annual Cheerleader's Bikini Car Wash?!?

Pics or it's not true!

Schteveo said...

rocky,
taking pictures makes me a stalker. And I don't want to go to jail, so you can get your jollys!

BOW said...

And that's why my daughtrer goes to BX Sci

Spider said...

Don't worry bud, we've got enough guns here to bust you out.

I wonder if Missy's still married? Ya think?

Missy said...

Can't talk now, got my mouth full.

Gulp.

Aqua Tongue said...

Steve is sitting on a park bench,

Eyeing little girls with bad intent......

Schteveo said...

Not me Aqua. I like big girls!

Roseanne Barr said...

Oh goody goody.

alan said...

my kids attended a middle school that required uniforms. the only complaint that I had was that we had moved to the area over the course of the summer and didn't know about the uniform requirement until AFTER we bought they school clothes for the year....so we got to buy them twice.

My kids hated the uniforms.

now that they are all in college (or beyond), they admit that at that age it was not a bad thing. It put everyone on the same level as far as the social aspect of clothing. they had to find other things to tease and cojole other students about.

Some times substitute teaching for the JROTC program where my kids went to school, I shake my head at what I see some of the students wear. I am embarassed for them....and we live in a fairly conservative area of southern Utah!