Friday, April 30, 2010

...and people keep asking me why...

.
...asking me why I carry a gun now, 24 / 7, 365, when I'm outside my house. I don't go to my dumpster without my gun. I don't let the g'sons go out front, unless I'm there with my gun.
.
But the 3 main Police Chiefs in the Triangle [which is the greater metro area I live in here in central NC] all keep saying we DON'T have a gang problem. Even when the Police Chief in Durham is in the middle of a fire fight.
.
Durham Police Chief Jose Lopez said Friday that a Thursday afternoon incident in which his unmarked car was hit by gunfire doesn't mean the city is unsafe.

Lopez said he wasn't injured in the incident, which occurred near the intersection of South Roxboro and Dillard streets.

He said he was headed to a leadership conference at the Durham County Detention Center when he heard a noise that he thought was a car backfiring. He quickly realized that someone hanging out of a nearby vehicle was firing a weapon.

"At that time I saw that, he was directly firing at me and then continued on," he said. "Subsequent to that, I tried to give chase to the vehicle."

Lopez chased the vehicle, described as a red van, for a block and a half before returning to the scene of the shooting and finding that the driver of a second car had been shot.

It's this kind of crap that has me moving to the boonies. I really don't want to shoot anyone. And it's painfully obvious that the friggin' top cops around here are clueless as to WHEN the situation IS dangerous, so there's no way to count on them.

No offense to anyone here associated with law enforcement.


Schteveo

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jose Lopez is a police chief in NC? I'll bet he wears a sombrero.

Anonymous said...

Voter’s Guide

When your friends can't explain why they voted for Democratic national politicians, give them this list. They can then pick a reason .

10. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

9. I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

8. I voted Democrat because Freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

7. I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.

6. I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

5. I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies through abortion so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

4. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.

3. I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the democrats see fit.

2. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

1. I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my ass that it is unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view.

Anonymous said...

QUOTABLE QUOTES
"The American president has the power to control America's borders if he wants to, but George W. Bush and Barack Obama did not and do not want to, and for the same reason, and we all know what it is. The fastest-growing demographic in America is the Hispanic vote, and if either party cracks down on illegal immigration, it risks losing that vote for generations. But while the Democrats worry about the prospects of the Democrats and the Republicans about the well-being of the Republicans, who worries about America? No one. Which the American people have noticed, and which adds to the dangerous alienation—actually it's at the heart of the alienation—of the age."
– Peggy Noonan

Anonymous said...

A man and his ever-nagging wife went on vacation to Jerusalem. While they were there, the wife passed away.

The undertaker told the husband, "You can have her shipped home for $5,000, or you can bury her here, in the Holy Land, for $150."

The man thought about it and told him he would just have her shipped home.

The undertaker asked, "Why would you spend $5,000 to ship your wife home, when it would be wonderful to be buried here and you would spend only $150?"

The man replied, "Long ago a man died here, was buried here, and three days later he rose from the dead....I just can't take that chance."

Anonymous said...

What a shame that you conservatives live in such a constant state of fear.

Explains so much about your pathology.

Bill O'Writes said...

I'm still waiting for some sort of cogent discussion / argument form Nannylouse. I'm ready to rumble