Thursday, April 15, 2010

I'm back......

Howdy all, sorry for the long, long, long absence. I know, it's been more than 6 months. And what a ride it has been.

Retirement was great for the first couple of months, till I found out both companies that had offered me fairly lucrative jobs did not get their contracts renewed. Of course they waited until the day before my final check from the Army. Thus I went on the job hunt. Working for the Census bureau was pretty good for about 6 weeks. Almost $200 and 250 miles per 5 hour day were almost worth it. I backed that up with a part time job at a tax service in which the franchise owner started my interview with "you realize that with an MBA you are way over qualified for this job" and to which I replied, "based on my current income and the economy, I'll take it."

As I sit here in Denver tonight, I am grateful for the flying job I was just offered. We will be moving closer to Snorphtyville when school gets out. So....any of you that really want to a free helicopter ride only have to get yourself seriously injured in the vicinity of Flagstaff...well, it won't be free, but I will be happy to fly you. Or....just come by and visit, it won't hurt as much.

So to all of my friends, and several of the new faces we have here.....Cheers.

And now it is time to go back to studying for my MA in History....Dang but I love going to school and learning stuff.

Alan

8 comments:

Schteveo said...

Welcome home buddy. When you guys tell all these job stories, or I hear them from other places, sometimes it makes me glad I'm off the rat race wire wheel.

AZ Poot said...

Alsn,.... FagStaff?

Woof.
Have to look you up next time I'm up there. Maybe we can do the Polar Express next year in Williams. I'll probably be camping up at Mingus Mtn or roll up to Page some time soon.


EAT ME!

"Grammie" or whatever name he wants to call me!! said...

I thought you were coming to Texas?

Spider said...

Welcome back Alan!

BOW said...

Have we said "thank you" lately?

Well, THANK YOU!!!!

Thank you

thank you....

alan said...

The plan was to head east, but there was no money in it, and for some reason we still have bills to pay. luckily we have had enough in savings to keep us going till now.

the next step...I've got a daughter who plans on getting married when school gets out next spring, no make that just before it gets started in January, On the other hand a Christmas honeymoon would be nice, but a married student apartment will be available in October, on the other hand just before school starts in August would save money, but grandma will be headed overseas for a year at the end of July......

Holy Schneike...21 years ago, after dating for a month, Mrs. alan & I told everybody we "are getting married tommorrow" which was immediately followed by our parents saying "no your not, you will wait till Thursday so we can invite a few people." It was so much easier that way. (and no, we don't have the same parents.)

Schteveo said...

F*#k a Duck, Billy O is Write!! And Right! And thanks for protecting our rights Alan!!


Alan, as the Grandson, Son, and Father of Veterans, Thank You for your service. As a fellow Veteran, I also Thank You for being both a Cold Warrior and a Hot Warrior. I did my time simply chasing the Russians around the world, you and my sons have had a much harder road.

Thank You just seems MUCH to trite, but barring hugs and beers, it's all I've got right now.



OT,
when do you go to AZ? My wife and I have a standing invitation and place to stay in Mesa. My wife has been flitting back and forth, at her Aunties expense, and I may go out on the next "flit". Haven't been this year because of my home schooling schedule. But I'm looking for a place to shoot some guns out there. Perhaps, Poots can show us a place.s

"Grammie" or whatever name he wants to call me!! said...

Yes... Thank you from the bottom of my heart!