Sunday, January 20, 2013

Another Hollyweirdo has lost touch with reality, or has he?

Django Unchained and Titanic star Leonardo DiCaprio says he is planning to take a significant break from filming and concentrate on his environmental campaigning.

In an interview with Germany's mass circulation daily Bild, the 38-year-old American actor said: "I am a bit drained. I'm now going to take a long, long break. I've done three films in two years and I'm just worn out.''

"I would like to improve the world a bit. I will fly around the world doing good for the environment,'' added DiCaprio, in comments published in German.
.
I'm no environmental genius, but it would seem to me that flying around the world, to work FOR the environment, seems either shortsighted, or typically self-centered Hollywood BS.
.
.
Schteveo

3 comments:

alan said...

I can't even begin to imagine how exhausting it is to "act"

Of course when he said he has "made 3 films in 2 years", I could retract my statement if he actually went out and distilled the chemicals needed to create the film and the coloring agents for it.

But then again, if we factor in the carbon "credits" that the uber-wealthy can afford to pay, he can fly around the world 30 times and probably still have a negative balance on his carbon footprint.

Spider said...

Actually, what he meant by "tired" was all those trips he makes to the bank. It ain't easy.

I wonder what his round-the-world jet will be using for fuel? Looks to me like the EnviroNazi's have got themselves another commiewood dupe to use.

Schteveo said...

These guys are so full of shit.

Listen, I know they work hard, I've got a brother who did some acting in the past. A three or four minute scene that we see in a flick might take 7 or 8 hours to get. They've got to be there for every take and I hear it sucks. But it looks like the pay doesn't suck from where I sit.

But, much like when I or you fly, by their own standards it increases our carbon footprint. So my question for brainless dweeb would be, HOW much work will he have to do at each location to JUST offset getting there?

Of course we all know that just caring and talking about doing something counts for 10 to 15 tons of carbon. In the real world, where we live, talking just causes the greenhouse gas carbon dioxide, in Hollywood it doesn't work that way.

Just ask DiCaprio.