Monday, July 20, 2009

Obama orders his cabinet to cut $100 million from budgets

President Obama ordered his cabinet to cut a total of $100 million from their budgets.
He did this 90 days ago. He said this MUST be done in 90 days. That makes the cuts due TODAY. Has it been done, even though it's a drop in the bucket compared to their budget?? NO! Not even close! Zip! Nada! I don't know about you but when I have a deadline, it has to be met. Case in point: I got a letter from the IRS today saying I owe an approximate $300 penalty for filing a form late. The tax was paid on time but I forgot to mail in the form. Do I have to pay on time? Darn right I do! The government is pointing a finger at me but they have 100 million pointing back at them.

5 comments:

Spider said...

I wouldn't pay Lady-Bug. To hell with 'em! Buy a gun instead.

Anonymous said...

Don't pay.
Claim the Geitner defense!

BOW said...

This is so incredibly ridiculous.
Can you say 23,700,000,000,000.00?

Anonymous said...

And the people?

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

"Grammie" or whatever name he wants to call me!! said...

Spidey, Just got off the phone with the IRS and because I have such a good record (not the Geitner defense), they are "forgiving" my penalty so I am buying a gun (357) with the money I just "saved"!