Friday, August 21, 2009

An Accussed Gun Nut, A Convicted Gun Klutz, and The NRA

.
Several small things on my plate this AM.

item 1.) THE GUN KLUTZ: Mr. Plaxico Burress, late of the NY Giants, has agreed to a 2 Year prison sentence for accidentally SHOOTING HIMSELF in the leg in November of last year.
.
I find several things odd with this case. The speed of his trial for one thing, it's NYC for crying out loud. (Spider, is the court system always this quick in NYC?) All I keep hearing is how backed up the courts are there, and I've been hearing it for years.

Also, Roger Goodell, NFL Commissioner, waited until after the sentencing to suspend Burress. What, Huh, WHAT!?! Burress had already admitted he did what happened. When he did that Gooddell should have dumped him. As with reinstating Michael Vick, we continue to glorify the Gang Bangin' Thug Life in America.
.
.
item 2.) THE GUN NUT: I got it back through familial channels, that my own mother is afraid that I'm becoming a "Gun Nut". Although she too thinks the country is in sorry shape and sorrier hands, she doesn't think shooting someone is the answer. She questions my new found gun nuttery on...the internet...
.
"Mom, I have no intention of shooting anyone."
.
("...yet...")
.
item 3.) THE NRA: I used to be a member, times got tough, I let my membership drop, then I kept saying next month, next payday, when the Tax Return comes, blah, blah, blah. I got a call last night from the NRA, they are looking to former members to get re-involved with them. I re-signed for 5 Years. Not bragging, just putting my money where my mouth is. Is YOUR membership up to date? (I know several of you are Lifetime Members, I'm waiting to hit the Powerball Jackpot for that)
.
.
Gun totin', no knee shootin' Schteveo

5 comments:

Missy said...

Burress had no criminal record and he got his just desserts by shooting himself in the leg. The 2 years is just Bloomberg flexing the only muscles he has.

Schteveo said...

Missy,
he was another well known thug with "no known record". But, what else did he do that went unreported? Remember this very incident went unreported for a few days.

Too bad the gun wasn't pointed at his head, instead of his leg.

Schteveo said...

Missy,
he was another well known thug with "no known record". But, what else did he do that went unreported? Remember this very incident went unreported for a few days.

Too bad the gun wasn't pointed at his head, instead of his leg.

BOW said...

I have no intention of shooting anyone either. I intend NOT to get shot, nor stabbed, strangled, robbed, raped, hijacked, terrorized, brutalized nor tread upon by anyone attempting to harm me or my kinfolk

Spider said...

Steve, the NYC court system can work that fast if you're a "celebrity" with a $5K-per-hour lawyer. Actually, 2 years is more than i thought he'd get.

And Missy, His Majesty Bloomberg had nothing to say about this. If he had, the moron would've got 20 years! 50 if he was a smoker.

And Steve's right. You can bet this nitwit is in the habit of packing heat when he's doing the club scene. "They" all do. Too bad it wasn't a hand grenade.