Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Unbelievable Arrogance

.
Last year, lawmakers excoriated the CEOs of the Big Three automakers for traveling to Washington, D.C., by private jet to attend a hearing about a possible bailout of their companies.

But apparently Congress is not philosophically averse to private air travel: At the end of July, the House approved nearly $200 million for the Air Force to buy three elite Gulfstream jets for ferrying top government officials and Members of Congress.

The Air Force had asked for one Gulfstream 550 jet (price tag: about $65 million) as part of an ongoing upgrade of its passenger air service.

But the House Appropriations Committee, at its own initiative, added to the 2010 Defense appropriations bill another $132 million for two more airplanes and specified that they be assigned to the D.C.-area units that carry Members of Congress, military brass and top government officials.

Because the Appropriations Committee viewed the additional aircraft as an expansion of an existing Defense Department program, it did not treat the money for two more planes as an earmark, and the legislation does not disclose which Member had requested the additional money.

.
Proving yet again that the elected worms consider themselves above us and worthy of exceptional treatment.
.
.
Schteveo

9 comments:

BOW said...

Your erected reprehensibles from the Distract of Corruption need these things

srk said...

warning:

do not click the link with my name.

It will lead you to a site which suggests another link.

If sent as an email, good, well meaning comrades, no no, I mean neighbors and friends will report me and I may end up in the camps.

I mean have to taking classes...ala "A Clockwork Orange" comes to mind.

So you are warned and Please Don't report me. I did NOT send this as an evil email.

Schteveo said...

srk,
I read that a few days ago over at Transterrestrial Musings.

The pro-Obamacare fanatics say those numbers are "cherry picking" just to push the anti-Obamacare "agenda".

Uh, if anyone has a MFing agenda it's the fascist @$$holes who are pushing this crap on us. I've been on site after site for the last few days. I've seen 30 or 40 videos of the elected worms being eviscerated by their constituents. I've seen Dems, trditionally liberal North Eastern, West Coast, life long Dems screaming at Reid, Hoyer, Specter and Pelosi, as well as others behind this crap. And those are the DEMOCRATS who are pissed off.

I cannot remember an issue in my life, nor can I ind one in our country's history where the elected officials SHOVED an issue on the country like this. It is absolutely unprecedented.

srk said...

You also need to understand, which I'm sure you do, that I've been intimately involved in health care delivery for....35 odd years. And from My perspective, as a "health care provider" and as a 'Political victim" I mean, "consumer", I have as much of a vested interest at both ends (no pun intended) as anyone. And the experience to see from both (or more) sides just where we may be heading. Hint: it's the worst of all possible directions.

Spider said...

We are quickly reaching the point when any and all opposition to anything this govt. says or does will be treated like a crime. Right now they only mock and denigrate anyone who opposes them. When (or if) that opposition grows, their fear and desperation will also grow, and they will be forced to take stronger measures in order to hold on to their power.

With just one vote last Nov., we gave away our country, our government, and our childrens futures. And he still has 3 1/2 years to go.

Nancy Pelosi said...

Oh, come on Steve.

We all know that insurance companies, big oil, and Sam Walton paid you to make that post.

Isn't that a swastika on your sleeve?

Anonymous said...

WORD OF THE DAY
CIRCLE JERK, n.


A confab of career bullshit artists, wherein, while talking out of their asses, they all keep agreeing with each other.

Anonymous said...

Two old ladies are outside their nursing home, having a drink and a smoke, when it starts to rain. One of the old ladies pulls out a condom, cuts off the end, puts it over her cigarette, and continues smoking.

Maude: What in the hell is that?

Mabel: A condom. This way my cigarette doesn't get wet.

Maude: Where did you get it?

Mabel: You can get them at any drugstore.

The next day, Maude hobbles herself into the local drugstore and announces to the pharmacist that she wants a box of condoms.

The pharmacist, obviously embarrassed, looks at her kind of strangely (she is after all, over 80 years of age), but very delicately asks what brand of condom she prefers.

"Doesn't matter Sonny, as long as it fits on a Camel."

The pharmacist fainted.

Schteveo said...

srk,
...on both ends...

dentistry and proctology, in the same office? I hope you wash your hands. And OFTEN.

Can you use the same chairs for exams? Never mind, I don't want to know.



Nancy,
I don't have a swastika on my arm, but I do have a finger on my hand. Guess which one I'm holding up?