Thursday, September 10, 2009

Soylent Green??

I was reading a story where I clicked a link, and then I clicked another link, and I clicked another link, and I eventually ended up here: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/10/science/10fish.html?no_interstitial

Find the tiny little comments link at the bottom and click on it. Most of the comments are exactly what you would expect to find on the NYTimes website, but I just had to share this one:

Civilization, as technologically advanced as it is, STILL refuses to artificially manufacture safe, nutritious, synthetic "food" that would reduce hunger and obesity, eliminate many diseases, and save HUGE amounts of energy and fuel, all because of society's voraciously insane appetite for money.

Huh? I didn't realize that this was an option. Is the recipe included with the directions to make my own carburetor that will give me 300 mpg? Oh, and I love how "food" is in quotes.

6 comments:

BOW said...

that person has a great idea. He or she could make a fortune! So why doesn't the F&@$k he or she get the capital together with investors, set up a lab and manufacturing facility, get all licensing and documantation required by the government, hire a research staff, etc.

oh, that is how they would have done that in America. This is amerika; someone else needs to do this and provide it for free.

Anonymous said...

Okay.

If we're going there... so why haven't they come up with a vaccine against liberalism?

Schteveo said...

What a bunch of crackpots!!!

"Grammie" or whatever name he wants to call me!! said...

ditto

Spider said...

Hey, it's the NY Slimes, what did you expect?

"If we're going there... so why haven't they come up with a vaccine against liberalism?"

Liberalism is a mental/emotional disorder, and the only known cure is a tall tree and a strong rope. If these things are not handy, a stake and a large fire will do nicely.

spf (not) said...

Where'd all the "TRUTHERS" go?

O, yea. Ah fogots, Wolf .223 is real cheep right now.