Wednesday, March 3, 2010

News From The Twlight Zone

So, you've worked hard all your life, saved your money, and bought a beautiful ocean-front home in Mexifornia (your first mistake) where you can relax and enjoy your life's work. And, as any normal American family would do, you have your children and grandchildren over for a weekend BBQ in your private back yard. Right? Wrong! Not in the Peoples Republic of Mexifornia you don't! Why? Because some local politburo "officials" have decided that your private back yard is not for you and your family, but for the viewing pleasure of the green-loving Mexifornia public!
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/03/03/california-man-fighting-backyard/


Have you recovered from the above story yet? Well, hang on.
Ok, now you live in New Jersey. And, thanks to all the recent global warming that fell on us, you take your family out in your yard and build a snow figure. It's not the traditional snow man, but more like a bust of the Venus De Milo. No head, no arms, and no legs. Now, while you're relaxing in your home, the door bell rings and it's the local cops. "Hi Officer, how can i help you"? Well sir, "someone" has filed a complaint that your snow figure is offensive, and you must take it down, or cover it.

Sound screwy? Remember, this is NJ. (a.k.a. Obama country) Now i'm not a lawyer, but how does this (not) violate my First Amendment right to Freedom of Expression? Personally, i would have politely told the cop to get off my property unless he had a court-authorized search warrant. But that's just me. Only in Amerika...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,587931,00.html?test=latestnews

9 comments:

BOW said...

When I open my eyes this will all go away. It's not real. I am dreaming. Somebody pinch me, PLEASE!

Spider said...

Here's a better picture of what was so "offensive".

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2010/03/04/2010-03-04_its_a_coverup_after_snowlady_gets_frosty_looks.html

"Grammie" or whatever name he wants to call me!! said...

I'm in Angel Fire, NM where there is near record levels of global warming. Maybe I'll make a snow-statue-of-David. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

BOW said...

I guess it's not a sno-woman, but a working scarecrow! lol

Anonymous said...

Somebody did a really nice job on that snow woman.

Spider said...

So, when are we getting our new name? And will there be a secret handshake?

BOW said...

pull my finger

Schteveo said...

...more reasons why I don't live up there.


Spider,
I agreed to tally the "votes" or "suggestions", I got two or three of such. Then I got wrapped up doing fam ill ee stuff and it fell by the wayside. I still like,


"Little Annie's Orphans"

I dead into that kind of Americana meets Wisenheimer but everybody gets it jokes.

I'll change it, or somebody else can. If I do it, we're talking Mon at the earliest. My mother's 80th B'day wingding is this weekend, and this is most likely the last time I'll be in here.