Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wal-Mart apologized? WHY?

.
Because in the United States of the Offended, someone MUST apologize. Next we'll see the race baiters looking for more jobs, donations to the UNCF and more minority stock ownership.
.
"All Black People" Asked to Leave S. Jersey Wal-Mart"


Wal-mart officials are looking at security tapes after an announcement was made for "all black people'' to leave a store in South Jersey.

A man used the public-address system at the Route 42 store in Washington Township Sunday night and calmly announced: "Attention Wal-Mart customers: All black people leave the store now.''

Patricia Covington and Shelia Ellington were inside the store when it happened and told the Courier Post that customers and store employees looked stunned when they heard it.

"In 2010, I want to know why such statements are being made because it flies in the face of what we teach them [our kids] at home, and that's tolerance for people," said Ellington. Ellington and other customers let store management and police know they were upset.

They asked the store to use the same announcement system to apologize to customers that night, which it did.

.
I don't applaud the simple asshole who did this, but it certainly got the desired effect. By two people anyway. If all the "black people" left the Wally World where I shop, I'd have to stock the shelves and do the self check-out.
.
.
Schteveo
.

9 comments:

Spider said...

"If all the "black people" left the Wally World where I shop, I'd have to stock the shelves and do the self check-out."

Also, sneaker sales would go down about 90%, and shoplifting down by about 110%. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to learn that a black guy made that announcement. It's a perfect (and typical) way for them to intimidate Wallmart and pressure them into "apologizing". (see:$$$)

Farts in Elevators said...

If they were smart, they would say they were sorry without apologizing.

I'm tired of tired apologies. I'm sorry 9-11 happened, but it's not my place to apologize for it.

If I have a coworker who beats the crap out of a client and throws him off the roof; I'm sorry it happened, but I have nothing to apologize for - hell, it wasn't my fault.

Real apologies come from drunk drivers who screw up, and punching your best bud by accident during a bar brawl.

"I'm sorry" is what I tell my wife. (And the guy I just laid off.)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

"and shoplifting down by about 110%. "

So that means they return stuff so they can steal it again, or just sneak it in first so they can steal it?

Schteveo said...

I deleted that comment, it was someone selling shoes. I have plenty of shoes.



FiE,
that was the BIGGEST reason I posted this. Unless they can prove it was a Wal-Mart employee, why should they apologize? They have open doors, so there is no way they can control who comes and goes. Even a sign at the door that says,


"No racists or morons"


won't help. They won't read or heed, so what do you do? Ignore the race baiters, that's what.

Grow some!! I think we need just ONE company to stand up and say they are NOT going to apologize for the actions of their customers during business hours, or their employees for off hour foolishness.

I will not be holding my breath waiting for it.

"Grammie" or whatever name he wants to call me!! said...

If all the "black people" left the Wal-Mart where my mom shops they would have to close down the store. I've been the ONLY person "not of color" when I've been in that store. For reals.

Anonymous said...

You have no color? Take a closer look.

Stranded on Escalator said...

HELP!

Anonymous said...

Just as i thought.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local-beat/Arrest-Made-in-Wal-Mart-Intercom-Case-88704842.html