Sunday, April 5, 2009

Guns and legal non-residents, and nut jobs

.
I'm sure by now all of us have heard of the rash of murder sprees in the country. And just as likely, you've heard the anti-gun rhetoric.
.
Try as I might, I can't find ANY evidence that some of these people had a right to own a gun. In fact, it looks like most fell outside the rules. But, my Algore supplied interweb connection does reveal the following.
.
The guy in Binghampton NY, did NOT have gun rights because he was not a citizen.
.
The guy in Washington, was a convicted wife beater, and he was supposed to turn in his guns.
.
(right or not, that's the law)
.
The shooter in Oakland who killed policemen and raped a teenage girl, was a repeat felon and wasn't supposed to have guns.
.
The shooter in Pittsburgh was thrown out of the Marines, and probably shouldn't have been allowed guns given his now known background of emotional outbursts.
.
That's all I could find. But I don't have the resources of the MSM. You know the ones, the bastards who can find and release Pentagon secrets, Sarah Palin's bra size and GWB's not so true military records. But oddly, they've not been able to report the simple, but seemingly true, fact that most of these shooters shouldn't have guns at all, or didn't have the mental capacities to own guns. But these same clowns are saying, hourly, that we, the legal and well adjusted, should give up our guns. These things run in cycles, and they follow the economy.
.
But once again, the MSM fails to point that out, they point out how 5 or 6 people, with a few guns, have killed cops and a bunch of honest citizens. I guess they can't find information about how many of our guns, and how many gun owners DON'T kill anyone daily.
.
Sometimes I even get the impression that they have an agenda about gun ownership.
.
What say you my friends?
.
.
Schteveo doesn't want to shoot anyone, but he has an itchy baseball bat waiting for HLT's answer to this topic
.

9 comments:

"Grammie" or whatever name he wants to call me!! said...

Get out the itchy baseball bat and I'll help.

Of course they have an agenda about gun ownership. Let's see how they use these incidents to squirrel their way around the 2nd amendment.

I with Schteveo...Let's start a new country, but WITH our original 1776 constitution. Again, I'm voting for Texas to secede.

BOW said...

Just one quote from the above, I could have used several or found others....

The point of gun ownership is defense against a gov't gone awry and self defense from lunatics as described above.

Anonymous said...

I was watching the morning news shows and all the "Experts" said we need new gun laws. First they do not enforce the one's they have and second, new laws won't stop these kind of incidents

Jimbo said...

agenda (n)
1) a list or outline of things to be considered or done
2) an underlying often ideological plan or program

pipe dream (n)
(Etymology: from the fantasies brought about by the smoking of opium Date: 1896)
1) an illusory or fantastic plan of impossible hope

Silly liberals are rabid about their underlying ideological program of creating euphoria through absolute control of every breath that every human takes: All a silly (but dangerous) pipe dream. Liberals do not care about how many lives or nations are destroyed in pursuit of their pipe dreams.

Jimbo said...

Somewhat related subject - I've been sitting here watching 'Extreme Marksmen' on the History Channel.

A guy hit a playing card (edgewise) at 100 yards with an open-site late 1800's .44 lever action carbine. A guy with a longbow hitting a water drop with an arrow.

Another quick-draw dude with a SINGLE-ACTION revolver hitting three targets in 0.87 seconds.

Amazing.

Which brings me to the reason I have a 12 ga...

Schteveo said...

***NOTE: the guy in Washington state was an ACCUSED wife beater, and he was supposed to turn in any guns UNTIL he was cleared of charges. Unlike the MSM, I don't hide my corrections and retractions.***


The bat is next to the front door, all we need is his / her addx!!

OK, two of us, and associated spouses, are ready to reboot the Constitution.

The point of gun ownership IS to protect us from a snoopy gub'ment that's why the snoops want them gone.

Laws do NOT stop the lawless, that's why we have cops and courts!

All they say is a "pip", not pipe, dream. As in pip squeaks. Only the weak minded seek to disarm their foes, with words!! If they had any cojones, they'd try to TAKE our guns, instead of talking us to death.

I've seen that Shooters Special, I'll bet the B & E guys know where those shooters live, and they stay clear.

Missy said...

You know if we totally reboot the Constitution Obama, who is 1/2 black and blacks were only 3/5 of a person then obama would be 1/2 (his white side) and 3/5 of his black half making him a total of only 4/5 of a person and probably not eligible to be president so that might not be so bad.

Schteveo said...

Actually, I wasn't considering disenfranchising Mr. BOHICA, nor anyone with the reboot. I'm nit being racist, I just want to see all the idiot regulations and PC stuff gone.

I want ALL my legal rights back, I want law breakers, as prescribed by law for miscreants, to lose their rights, except to a fair and speedy trial. And with the reboot, dis-solution of subsidies to anyone who is being paid to NOT do something. Able bodied adults who refuse to work, should go hungry.

I seek fairness for ALL Americans.

Cheesecakecrush said...

"Somewhat related subject - I've been sitting here watching 'Extreme Marksmen' on the History Channel.

A guy hit a playing card (edgewise) at 100 yards with an open-site late 1800's .44 lever action carbine. A guy with a longbow hitting a water drop with an arrow.

Another quick-draw dude with a SINGLE-ACTION revolver hitting three targets in 0.87 seconds.

Amazing."

I saw that episode, flipping through the channels. (don't typically make a habit of watching the History channel, but not because I hate history, my girlfriend doesn't like the shows :P)

It was insane. I couldn't believe some of the shots these people were making. I LOVED the sport shooter-shootout: The guys with semi-auto shotguns. Good stuff!

Also: of course libs don't want people to have guns: if we don't the resistance to internment at re-education camps would be non-existent.