Thursday, October 15, 2009

I, Notsumdumbass, predict...

.
the ass beating of the century is about to happen in Colorado!!
.
The boy who was the subject of an frantic search in Colorado Thursday afternoon has been found safe at home, authorities said.

A giant silvery helium balloon floated away from a yard with a 6-year-old boy believed to be aboard and slowly touched down in a field two hours later with the child nowhere in sight, setting off a frantic search.

The saga captivated people around the country as they stopped to watch the jaw-dropping sight on television of the balloon gliding through the air. The flying saucer-like balloon tipped precariously at times before gliding to the ground in a field, the culmination of a two-hour, 50-mile journey through two counties.

Larimer County sheriff's spokeswoman Kathy Messick said one of the boy's two older brothers saw 6-year-old Falcon Heene get into a box that was attached to the balloon with pegs. The box was not found when the balloon landed; several people reported seeing something fall from the balloon while it was in the air.

The balloon was owned by the boy's parents, Richard and Mayumi Heene, who are storm chasers and also appeared on the ABC reality show "Wife Swap."

.
These kids were horsing around with one of Dad's weather hunting toys and it got trashed. I woulda' hid in the attic TOO!! Been there, done that, stayed gone overnight until pop went back to work!!
.
.
Schteveo once trashed his Dad's power saw, cutting steel pipe

13 comments:

srk said...

Steveo:

Oh boy! You're gonna get a whooping when your dad finds out.

Then child services will put your dad in jail to be Bubba's wife while you are put in foster care to be sexually molested. And they will take the foster care money and buy crack while selling yours.

Schteveo said...

srk,
dude, he found out that night. My youngest brother couldn't keep a secret if his life had depended on it back then. He was a big fink.

I'm sure this kid won't really get a beating, as them days are long gone in most families. (not mine though) I posted this because I was hoping to get something like,

"My Favorite Childhood Screwup Story"

from everybody. We've all got 'em. Come on kids, tell 'em, Mom and Dad can't ground us now. Hell, rat out your brother, sister, favorite cousin.

Share it, ya' big chicken butts...bock, bock, booock, BUUUGahk!

Anonymous said...

No whuping for the kid that is too mean. Make the punishment fit the crime!

Tie his feet to a cement block, tie his hands to another balloon, and let fly!

Spider said...

Big deal. I'm just glad the kid is ok.

bow said...

agreed

Anonymous said...

QUOTABLE QUOTES
"Today’s culture is dominated by the philosophy of mysticism (irrationalism) — altruism — collectivism, the base from which only statism can be derived; the statists (of any brand: communist, fascist or welfare) are merely cashing in on it—while the “conservatives” are scurrying to ride on the enemy’s premises and, somehow, to achieve political freedom by stealth. It can’t be done." – Ayn Rand

Jimbo said...

[asked by his father in front of news media] "Why didn't you come out?" The boy answered, "You had said we did this for a show."


Hmmmm.....

Yep... ass whipping for SURE now!

Jimbo said...

Oh...
I should have added the old Texas adage:

"A kid, a dog, or a horse - they'll make a liar out of you every time."

Okay - what do I know, maybe they say it in New Jersey, too.

Spider said...

As more of this story comes out, it's starting to take on a familiar look. Like, ATTENTION CRAZY PARENTS! It now seems these folks have some history with "reality" TV shows and performing for the cameras. I also saw some footage this morning of the parents "discussing" the situation while THEY seemed to be launching the balloon! So maybe it's not the kid who needs a good ass-woopin?

Of course, the most enjoyable part of this whole thing was watching the faces of all the on-air TV media nitwits who did everything they could to turn this into some earth-shattering event, even though they had no idea what had actually happened. It was obvious that the nitiwts were totally into their infamous "Mexifornia freeway car chase" mode.

"Grammie" or whatever name he wants to call me!! said...

I'll have to agree with Jimbo and Spidey on this one. It was a setup. I say they KNEW the kid wasn't in the balloon.

Schteveo said...

The Sher'f out there says they've looked at the "launch" video and it's from a different time, or some such crap, and have cleared these maroons.

I am hhighly disappointed that no one bit on the


"My Favorite Childhood Screwup Story"


angle, spoilsports.

Spider said...

I can tell you a few of my stories Steve, but Lady-Bug is watching.

Schteveo said...

So change the names, to protect the innocent, go Joe Friday and "Dragnet" on us.

But I'm still not believing that no one will tell a tale.

I'll go again.

When I was about 13, I lived in Jax, FL. The only place I ever lived with a teen curfew, so what was THE thing to do? Sneak out and run the streets between midnight and 5:30, if you were under 18. On one such foray, we were chased by a pack of the infamous N. Fl wild dogs. (yeah, it was that wild at the edge of Jax, along the St Johns River, in the early 70's) I got caught by my father as he went to work. Three of us actually, hiding up a Mulberry tree next to the driveway, when he went out to the Big Ol' Family Truckster, on his way to work.

For two weeks I wished the dogs had gotten me.

He worked me like a dog. I did gutters, grass, edging by hand, I washed windows, he loaned me out to neighbors and friends for similar work...I NEVER "snuck" out again I can tell you.

This was before we trashed his saw and Billy's Dad's grinding wheel BTW. It may have been worth it though, in retrospect. Dog chasing night was the night I saw my first, real, college girl boobies.