Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Piss off Shakespeare, bite me Mark Twain...

.
I'm no fan of "classic" literature, I'm a sci fi kinda guy. I'm an American, so I've read Twain. I've dabbled "classicly" enough to know some of it. Then today, I found out that I only, ever, needed to read one book.
.
"Dreams of my Father".
.
Who knew?!
.
Then again, I've seen films of Goebbels, Goering, even Spears, as low on the totem pole as he was in the Reich, they all KNEW they had to give speeches extolling the virtues of der Furher.
.
In politics, little then has changed in 70 years.
.
Rocco Landesman, Barack Obama's Chairman of the National Endowment for the Arts, knows how to suck up to the boss. During a recent speech, Rocco Landesman had fulsome praise for Barack Obama's impact as a writer as well as a patron of the arts.

"This is the first president that actually writes his own books since Teddy Roosevelt and arguably the first to write them really well since Lincoln. If you accept the premise, and I do, that the United States is the most powerful country in the world, then Barack Obama the Most Powerful Writer Since Julius Caesar? Barack Obama is the most powerful writer since Julius Caesar. That has to be good for American artists."

.
These people are beyond scary. People who follow ANYTHING blindly, or act like they are following blindly, are very scary to me. I was creeped out by guys I was in the Navy with, who would do whatever they were told, blindly, for the old U.S. of A.
.
Worse still, are the Obamanoids who seek to destroy the country. Blindly.
.
.
Schteveo is weirded out by the proud followers
.

9 comments:

Jimbo said...

But... But... But...

I thought it had been established that "Dreams of Killing Fathers" was ghost-written by that terrorist punk communist anti-American freakazoid piece of living crap.

Nooo, not Obama - the OTHER one...

Billy "Blow-em-up" Ayers; Zero's other mentor (after Jeremiah "God Damn America" Wright).

Schteveo said...

Jimbo,
we are in total agreement here. I too, thought some pointy-headed, liberal college prof, proved recently that Ayers wrote this crap.

Forensic writing analysis or some such tripe. It's the same kind of thing they use to separate serial killer's writings, from wanna-be, copycats. I guess the FBI can straighten out serial killers from wife killers, but Ayers is SO slick, he's getting away with the subterfuge? Yeah, the libs and murdering domestic terrorists / local activists, are THAT much smarter than the rest of us. I'm gonna barf...

He's ONLY the best author IF, you already worship at the altar of Obama!!

RE-freakin-GARDLESS of worship, how in the hell, can ANY one book, put the author, or supposed author, at the HEAD of all writers, for 2500 years? Isn't this precisely the sort of argument that causes Campus Security to be called to the English Department Christmas Party, when the Classicists square off with the 20th Century American Authors die-hards? Haven't people been arguing over the writings of authors, since Plato? Given that's pre-Caesarian writing, but the argument serves the topic.

For this shill, no, yet another shill actually, to stand up and declare that Barrack Hussein Obama is THE writer of the last 2500 years, is about the most ludicrous, self-serving, idiotic thing yet said about his holiness. It's insulting to anyone who's read beyond "One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish".

And like I said, if this doesn't harken back to Nazi Germany, and Hitler worship, and Hitler's inside circle extolling his greatness, I'll kussen der arcsh!!

Schteveo said...

OT

Happy Birthday to ME...Happy Birthday to ME...Happy Birthday old Schteveo, Happy Birthday to ME...

55 years ago, on this very day, I made my mother happy, and knowing my father, I did something to make him mad!! That's OK, I was the eldest son, it was my job, and I later reveled in the doing that job to the utmost ability.

Mrs Schteveo is taking the day off, and I think we're gonna do fun stuff.

NOT THAT!!

We'll take the g'kids out for some fun, the weather is supposed to be perfect today. We'll go out, and bask in the warm glow, of knowing that unlike our own kids, we can take these home, we when we get tired of them.

Later guys, I'll sees ya t'morra.

BOW said...

Happy Birthday to Steve!

As a tribute, my ANNIE"S INFERNO TEE Shirt will be visiting Fraunce's Tavern in NYC today. If a group photo is taken, I challenge you all to figure out who the only non-left-wing-commie-tree-hugging one is in the bunch!

Spider said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUD!! May you have 55 more!

Personally, i wouldn't bet a wooden nickle that comrade Odumbo wrote that book. The truth will come out in about 100 years from now, when history looks back on what used to be a free country, one that was given away by a weak, mindless people.

And easy on those Martini's Billy!

Jimbo said...

Happy BD, dude.

That makes you 5 months older than me. Damn. You are OLD!

BOW said...

I was within inches of one of the 4 surviving originals of Magna Carta (out of 41) this morning at Fraunce's Tavern. What an amazing document!

Schteveo said...

Bill,
should you really be able to use the words this...morning...and...tavern in the same sentence, on a Thursday?

Sunday for brunch I get, but Thursday?

Magna Carta? Is that even considered as still historical? Since last November, all bets are off, aren't they? I'd think Obama defeating McCain would push that dumb old piece of English trash to the dust bins of irrelevance!!

Certainly if the Constitution is out of date and useless, the Magna Carta is just as done.

rkp said...

Happy Birthday Schteveo!