Wednesday, May 27, 2009

...and I thought Toleda already sucked.

.
Things are tough all over, Toledo not excluded, unless you sell guns!!!
.
They're laying off policemen, so people are buying guns to protect themselves. How long before Katie Kutiepie has a story about a murder, committed by a gang banger, using a gun stolen from a little old lady, who bought it for protection?
.
She'll blame George Bush.
.
OH, and the little old lady.

.
The first round of Toledo police layoffs, in which 75 officers were let go, may already be having an affect on gun ownership.

"I just don't feel safe with the amount they're laying off," says Jonna Ewing. "I think it's going to be a longer respond time."

She is spending the day at a conceal carry class. She's been thinking of getting a gun for awhile, but feels now's the time due to the recent layoffs.

She's not alone. Case in point, someone in Jonna's class wears one those infamous police t-shirts: "I called 911 and all I got was this lousy garbage can" that showed up soon after the TPD cuts.

.
I've got 50 bucks that says the crime rate in Toledo plummets!!
.
.
Gun Totin' Sheriff Schteveo
.

9 comments:

BOW said...

I turned the tables on an ACLU slut this afternoon out on Park Ave who wanted signatures to bring Bush up on charges for torture. She started off all excited that I agreed to talk to her about ending torture. I knew where this was leading, but alas, she had no clue. It is a long dialog, but when I was done with her, she and the guy who was with her, only hoping to nail her I bet, were cowering while my 9 yr old daughter laughed at themin pity. Sometimes you just have to do what's right. I left before this young lady stared to cry.

Wayne LaPierre said...

The answer to our current problems lie in the 2nd Amendment. Budgetary constraints are causing and will continue to cause a dwindling law enforcement presence. The police are, by their very nature, reactive rather than proactive; so they show up after the damage is done. Arm yourselves, stock up on ammo before prices rise any more than they already have and go to your friendly neighborhood firing range to sharpen your skills. Then, my friends you'll be ready for the coming Armageddon.

Schteveo said...

I told you about the guy who taught the CCW Class. He said, "..when seconds count, the police are ONLY minutes away."

My sister-in-law and NYC lib cousin, are both learning to shoot. Ahhh, there is a God.



OT
Hey, on the topic such as this, where the hell did HLF get to? That MFer is scarce as hen's teeth.

srk said...

Steve: I don't understand our fascination with Katie Colonoscopy. I've met her. Personally, she's OK, I guess, at best, but I wouldn't bring her home to mom. And even with the makeup, she's only a 6-7 on the gin & tonic scale.

Blue said...

I'd do her...


Steve-o did you have surgery last week??????

Jimbo said...

Holy Toledo!

Though I doubt crime will increase, who will do the police reports?

I bet they hang on to the meter-maids and traffic enforcement and lay off beat cops and detectives.

Revenue.

Investment advice:

Smith & Wesson.

Spider said...

Here in NYC, they're going to lay off 400-500 civilian NYPD employees, most of whom work at HQ. (90% are black females) Knowing this leftist toilet bowl, (a.k.a. NYC) as i do, i'll believe it when i see it since politically speaking, they're considered untouchables.

On the other hand, "His Majesty" Bloomberg is spending about a gazillion dollars a day campaigning for his 3rd term as head fascist, so he wouldn't dare lay off any cops for fear the crime stats would go up and blow his chances.

Even with about 34K+ officers, the NYPD has been short handed for some time now. In most parts of the city, they have 3 or 4 patrol cars to cover an area where there should be about 9 or 10. And in spite of that, they're still keeping crime, especially seroius crimes, at an historic low.

Svenska said...

I heard (probably on Fox news) that the new SCOTUS nominee has ruled that State and Local laws concerning firearms OVERRULE the Second Amendment. Get your guns & hide them - quick! Especially if you live in DC, NYC & places like that!

CT~NRAmember said...

Let's elect Chuck Norris our next President (of the NRA)! We did great with the last Chuck.