Thursday, May 21, 2009

Vegetarian Bacon Salt

You know those random banner ads that are on every web page you visit? Well, I just saw one that made me want to know more. The name of the product is "Bacon Salt".

I found their website, http://www.baconsalt.com/, and what I read on the front page made me grin.

Bacon Salt is a zero calorie, zero fat, vegetarian and kosher seasoning that makes everything taste like bacon.

Is there really a huge demand for making things taste like bacon in the vegetarian and kosher communities?

I had to look around the site, and found that not only do they make Bacon Salt, they make an entire line of bacon-flavored products. They sell Baconnaise (yes, it's what you think it is) as well as Baconnaise Lite, an entire line of seasonings and the coup de grĂ¢ce: Bacon lip balm.

I don't know if I'm brave enough to try it myself, but if it's not sold at a fine retailer near you, never fear. The web site also says that their products are available through Amazon.com (go ahead and click it) and QVC.

8 comments:

Missy said...

Noting says EAT ME like luscious bacon balmed lifts and the sweet smell of bacon breath mints wafting through those lips

Schteveo said...

When I want stuff to taste like bacon, I do something completely crazy, I just add BACON. Cute little piggys!!

Spider said...

Ahh, human nature. People always want what they can't/shouldn't have, even if it's fake. Um,.. i'll have a BLT w/fries.

Welcome back Missy... ;)

Missy said...

I've been around. Just busy with issues at work. The bad thing about computerized medical records is if the system has issues you can't get any medical records! Its funny how when you upgrade software that a room full of computer engineers did not forsee the need to upgrade the hardware. And just think .. soon ALL medical records will be electronic. Don't worry, I am making room in hell for all my friends.

Spider said...

Issues? Well, that's better than having problems.

Anonymous said...

...And then I eat five strips of bacon. And for lunch, I eat a bacon sandwich. And for a midday snack? Bacon! A whole damn plate! And I usually drink my dinner.

Why use fake when you can have the real thing?

Jimbo said...

I had a couple of slices of bacon on a ham sandwich the other day.

But it was kosher ham & bacon.

BOW said...

I've heard of putting lipstick on a pig, but not pig in your lipstick.