Sunday, May 10, 2009

WTF is wrong with people?!

.
The fact that I'm on this blog as much as I am proves I have WAY too much time on my hands. But when I'm not posting or commenting, I am NOT texting, YIMming, tweeting, or grouping.
.
As a simple matter of fact, I hate most of that crap.
.
I come in here to see what interests other people and to post my interests or comment on same. I don't come in here to seek solace or because I'm lonely. Nor do I post / comment because my ideas are SO pithy they can't wait.
.
But, there are people out there, you know them, people who can't go 5 minutes without touching their electronic umbilicus to their group(s). It's electronic masturbation for most of them.
.
But what about idiots at work who are jerking off their electronic device instead of actually working? No big deal if you work at Wal-Mart or BK, right? What if that turns dangerous and causes YET ANOTHER train wreck?
.
Boston. Subway crash. Driver TEXTING. No deaths, JUST 40 injuries.
.
Here's my next text, "...hang his stupid ass!!!"
.
.
Schteveo has NEVER sent a text message, he never found a need
.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

A priest and a rabbi were sitting next to each other on an airplane.

After a while, the priest turned to the rabbi and asked, 'Is it still a requirement of your faith that you not eat pork?'

The rabbi responded, 'Yes, that is still one of our laws.'

The priest then asked, 'Have you ever eaten pork?'

To which the rabbi replied, 'Yes, on one occasion I did succumb to temptation and tasted a ham sandwich.'

The priest nodded in understanding and went on with his reading.

A while later, the rabbi spoke up and asked the priest, 'Father, is it still a requirement of your church that you remain celibate?'

The priest replied, 'Yes, that is still very much a part of our faith.'

The rabbi then asked him, 'Father, have you ever fallen to the temptations of the flesh?'

The priest replied, 'Yes, rabbi, on one occasion I was weak and broke with my faith.'

The rabbi nodded understandingly and remained silent, thinking, for about five minutes.

Finally, the rabbi said, 'Beats the shit out of a ham sandwich, doesn't it?'

Schteveo said...

OH man, that's a 5th grade Catholic Schoolboy joke. Probably as old as the celibacy of the Priesthood too.

I could give up ham sandwiches.

Oy!

Blue said...

but Obama use a Blackberry - if you restrict my usage, you are a racist!!!!

BOW said...

since any real work has all but disappeared, outsourced or just plain gone, the appearance of being busy is important. Esp for gov't jobs

Schteveo said...

But WHAT is with the utter fascination of constantly text, YIMming, etc?

I don't get it.

Are people THAT starved for human interaction? Hey, I've got a twisted idea, turn off all that electronic shit and TALK TO THE GUY SITTING NEXT TO YOU.

WTF!!! Maybe I'm just getting old.

Spider said...

It's not just you bud. I had Verizon turn off the messaging feature on my cel phone, (they were charging me $2. a month without even using it) since i don't send messages through my phone, and i won't accept any either. I also don't want to watch movies on the phone, or watch a ball game, or download songs, or shop, or whatever the hell else they do!

gemalo said...

I am with y'all 100%. I REFUSE to own a cell phone. I can't stand the idiots driving and talking. I recently had a middle finger fight with some young girl, texting in her SUV on a busy road at 4 PM. What in the hell is so important?

BOW said...

where to get the sushi

srk said...

I'm going to go blind!

(is that pithy enuf?)