Friday, May 8, 2009

Not quite criket, eh Governor

.
Periodically we hear about exporting our national pastimes overseas. I don't have a problem watching normal, seasonal events from distant places. It's about as far to London, as it is to L.A., from my house in Norf Cakalacky. I've seen baseball from Tokyo, NASCAR from Mexico and football from Europe. REGULAR season, or pre-season, events. NOT the championships. I will watch some stuff from other countries.
.
But the Super Bowl, from LONDON!!!
.
I think not. Likewise there's a reason the Soccer (football), rugby and cricket finals don't come from Chicago, or Boise, or Des Moines.
.
.
Schteveo
.

8 comments:

srk said...

for a current freedom of speech case gone awry, click me...yeah it's British, But I know this guy and he's top-notch that they're shafting.

And this is a big issue.

Anonymous said...

WTF r u talking about? and where is Annie?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, where's our mommy?

Anonymous said...

Have we been abandoned?

the other Anonymous said...

You know, crickets make excellent bait. perch, crappy, catfish, Bass... They all love a juicy cricket.

Anonymous said...

Buddy Holly wouldn't like you saying that.

B. Hussein DA DA, president said...

If re-elected in 2012,I promise t o hold a Super Bowl in a Muslim country.....


of course the football will have to be made of something besides pig-skin

srk said...

The Half Time Show will consist of beheadings of infidels