Sunday, February 14, 2010

When in the course of human events...

.
I bet you thought I was going to do something about the Declaration of Independence, didn't you? Well, close, but no banana. This is my second attempt, in a few weeks, to get people reinvested in this blog. That's re-INVESTED, not re-INTERESTED.
.
I understand that many of us have LIVES outside the blog, a few of us have blogs outside the blog, some of us even have paying jobs. But there was a time, back when "Kim" first set up house keeping, that we were all quite active on bringing stories here from our own areas. Articles and news telling us the way things were in each of our towns. We need to get back to that. I understand that some members are behind fire walls at work, but you could throw us a bone from home occasionally.
.
The problem with just a few of us posting is that the blog gets stilted, and directional. I understand that it's a right-wing thing, but there's still wiggle room. I think we all learn, when we get more content, not less. It's hard for just 4 or 5 of us, to look at the world and post stuff the other may not have seen.
.
How about some of you who haven't posted in a while, find something to say. Or, if you've moved on from publishing or wanting to, at least say so, in order that we can see how many authors we really have today. And maybe we can get some new blood involved.
.
.
Steve

3 comments:

Spider said...

Stevie, i'm sure that you and i have a lot more time on our hands than most of our friends here, which i guess is why we do most of the posting. But as i've said to you in our emails, i'm not too comfortable with that. I often hold back from posting something i think we might find interesting, simply because i don't want to give the impression that i'm "hogging" the site. That's certainly not my intention.

We have (IMO) some very intelligent people here, with interesting, worthy, and yes, sometimes provocative opinions, all of which i find enjoyable. I'm also aware that they don't have the time we do, but i sure miss all that input. It's funny that you mentioned "Annie", because i was wondering if her taking it on the lam has anything to do with the obvious fall-off in participation here.

I would hate to give our anonymous and occasional commie visitor a reason to say we've failed.

Schteveo said...

Well, why I didn't do this first is now a mystery, but WTF, I ain't prefect. I just did some counting. But I don't think Annie leaving was because of that. She was burned out before that, remember how we got HERE? She closed down "Kim and her friends...", and that seemed to be after some sort of emotional upheaval.

But anyway, here are some numbers. In January 2009, we had about 135 posted articles from 12 authors. This year in January, we had 50 articles from 7 authors. So we've lost 5 folks, kinda, and content is down by almost half. Quality and thereby intel is down too, IMHO. As I said before, I like news from all around.

(Jeez, do we sound like two old women, complaining that the children never visit!)

Spider said...

LOL!!