Sunday, November 9, 2008

America Goes Shopping

Of course, obamunists call us 'nuts' and claim we're panicking. Not panicked - just 'nervous'.

  • Last month, as an Obama win looked increasingly inevitable, there were 62,000 more background checks for gun purchases than in October 2007, a 25 percent increase. And they were up about 8 percent for the year as of Oct. 26, according to the FBI.

  • No data was available for gun purchases this week, but gun shops from suburban Virginia to the Rockies report record sales since Tuesday's election.

  • "They're scared to death of losing their rights," said David Hancock, manager of Bob Moates, where sales have nearly doubled in the past week and are up 15 percent for the year

  • Franklin Gun Shop outside Nashville, Tenn., sold more than 70 guns on Tuesday, making it the biggest sales day since the shop opened eight years ago. Guns & Gear in Cheyenne, Wyo., also set a one-day sales record on Tuesday, only to break that mark on Wednesday

  • ...the gun store Cheaper Than Dirt! in Fort Worth, Texas, sold $101,000 worth of merchandise, shattering its single-day sales record...

  • One Georgia gun shop advertised an "Obama sale" on an outdoor sign

NICE: M16 Clinic's M16 Viper subcarbine (5.56x45mm) with in-house M1913 Picatinny rail system/forend rail tube and EOTech M552 HOLOgraphic Weapons Sight/Holographic Diffraction Sight attached. Every Anti-obamunist should have one (or two) to help make certain your property is safe from roving bands of hungry obamunists.

11 comments:

Schteveo said...

It's the same here in central NC. I've seen several stories from the local stations. They, of course, make buying guns sound like a bad idea.

I'm going to get a new hand gun, before Pres.-elect BOHICA takes office. Several maybe.

"Grammie" or whatever name he wants to call me!! said...

Same here. We were in Academy Sports yesterday and the ammunition shelves were mostly empty.

Jimbo said...

C-bug,
That's both comforting and disturbing:

On one hand I'm comforted in the fact that Americans recognize their 2nd Amendment rights, on the other I'm disturbed bullets aren't available in copious amounts to exercise that right.

"Grammie" or whatever name he wants to call me!! said...

Yep....I agree.
I think after the initial "rush" calms down, it will be easier to buy ammo. If not, better have reloading stuff.

Spider said...

Don't be too surprised if we see the supply of new ammo "mysteriously" run out. Until they take over the SCOTUS in a year or so and revisit the recent 2nd Amendment decision, and rather than get involved in all kinds of court challenges to that decision, they'll simply make ammo all but impossible to get, most likely via massive tax hike. The congress can do that in ten minutes.

Anonymous said...

I was out shopping for 'sporting equipment' on Sat as well. I started getting wood over a Bushmaster M4. Also saw a Romanian AK47 for $499 as well. Seemed OK but the stocks were REALLY cobby. I'd change to synthetics anyway.

I'll go to the next big gun show here and exercize my 'loophole' rights.

.223Fingerpoot

Annie said...

In preparation for the coming scarcity of guns and ammunition we have sold all of our large caliber pistols and our one large caliber revolver. We are now down to a 9 mm S & W SW9VE, a 7-shot Taurus .357 revolver, a .45 ACP Sig P-220, a Springfield Armory XD .45ACP, a Bushmaster .223 with all the toys that will fit on a Picatinny rail, a DPMS .308 on an AR platform and an old 7.62 x 39 Soviet-made AK47 along with about 3,500 rounds of ammunition.

Anonymous said...

Annie, I like your taste in weapons. I have the same S&W 9mm and a Springfield 1911 that I love. I also have an American made AK-47 (Arsenal Arms, Las Vegas NV) that is vastly superior to any other AK I've ever fired. I also have my Czech 8mm Mauser. Its bolt action but deadly accurate up to over 1000 meters.

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie said...

Hi, 29 Hand,

You're smarter than we were. We should have bought an American made AK. The one we have is very dangerous. I don't know if it a worn-down seer or rounds cooking off after about one magazine has been fired, the rifle will fire 3-4 rounds on one trigger pull.

Unknown said...

It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site. It really gives me an insight on this topic.
taurus sign