Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Here We Go Again

Greetings, All! Happy Thanksgiving Eve's-Eve.
It gives me great pleasure to submit my inaugural (ha!) post on a topic which is sure to come up more in the next month: the de-Christmasing of Christmas. Yes, it never ends. This time some jackass college pres in Florida issued a "memo" basically removing all Christmasness from public campus spaces; for example, changing a traditional Giving Tree for needy preschoolers into a "giving garden" and other inanities, all in the name of "diversity". The real sad thing is that no one but him seems to care. Interviewed students saw no problem with having Christmas trees and such about, and there seems to have been no outcry demanding the "diversification" of campus? So why do it? Because he can, sez I.
And since I haven't yet figured out how to link stuff here..well, here's the link. Opinyunz?

http://www.news-press.com/article/20081125/NEWS0104/811250380/1075#pluckcomments

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well then I don't see any reason for a X-Mas break. In fact, I think a mandatory 2 week long (7 days a week) 18 hour a day 2 semester credit crash course in Spectral Analysis like I did one X-mas break is in order.

I did another of the same in Gross Anatomy the next year.

And people wonder why I yam da way I yam.

Anonymous said...

Try the un-Thanksgiving of Thanksgiving:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-thanksgiving25-2008nov25,0,1458033.story

Anonymous said...

Does this also apply to Romadon and Yom Kippaur? (sp)

Spider said...

Obviously, the Leftists who run our universities know which way the country's heading, so they feel this is their time to force their policies on their captives. Who will stop them.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I saw this earlier. Pathetic. Even if you buy into the "stereotype" line (which I don't), they always have some basis in fact. In fact, as a person of (some) Indian blood, I find this to be a disgrace. I say scalp 'em all. Ugh.

Schteveo said...

It's NOT Happy Thanksgiving Eve's-Eve.

It's Thanksgiving Adam.

Adam came before Eve, so today is Thanksgiving Adam, tomorrow is just Thanksgiving Eve.

I'm all for taking back Christmas, and doing it old fashioned All-American like, unless we can quit hearing about Ramadan, Eid, Kwanza, Tibetan Yak New Year, Philippine Easter Flotillas, etc, etc, etc.

All or nothing MFers, all...or...nothing.

Anonymous said...

Non-issue. If the students don't care one way or the other, let him take the stuff down. If they do care, then let them tell him in their own way what they think he ought to have done. This is none of our business, and I truly do not believe that there is an "assault" on Christmas, so much as there is a bunch of hoity-toity limp-wristed victimhood merchants running around trying to ensure that no non-christians are offended.

Kind of like when white people sued the Florida Seminoles over their mascot because they feared it would be seen as offensive to the Seminole tribe.

The tribe told them to mind their own damn business, and that they liked having the college named after them. But it never occured to the limp-wrists, they just assumed it was offensive and wanted it removed.

Same thing here. And who cares?