Thursday, February 12, 2009

Am I missing something?

.
President Obama was pressed by families of the sailors killed in the terrorist strike on the USS Cole to establish a 9/11 Commission-like panel to investigate the attack, FOX News has learned.

Obama met with relatives of Cole sailors and 9/11 victims Friday in the wake of three executive orders he signed last month ordering the closing of the military prison at Guantanamo Bay, where the alleged mastermind of the attack is being held.

.
Huh? And why do they need this? What is to be gained?
.
At the time, the Cole was using the rules for refueling that existed. The rules were changed, no one can get that close to a U.S. warship again.
.
We know who did it, who planned it and who funded it. If I'm not mistaken, they found a few pieces of the assholes who did it!! What else is to be gained?
.
And before anyone (HLT) has some stupid and snarky answer, remember that I have a son who will soon rotate back to sea duty, and one who is trying to re-enlist in the Marines. Both of whom will go back to the area. I am an ex-Squid myself. So I understand the Cole situation and better than most.
.
.
ex-GSE2 Schteveo
.

6 comments:

Blue said...

why this will never happen...

".....a commission would be unpopular with the Navy and would require investigating the Clinton administration's actions against Al Qaeda."

Schteveo said...

OR..will they do this to further marginalize Hitlary, via Bill's perceived screw up?

We know that Democrats, up 'til now, don't care about harming the image of the military. I'm just not sure WHAT the families want or think could be accomplished by a "commission" 8 or 9 years after the fact.

I'm repeating myself, repeatedly.

When I was in the Navy, my last job was working for the Office of Redundancy Office.

Anonymous said...

Good point Blue. Digging into the Cole attack will take a lot of the shine off Bubba and Hitlary, and the Demoncrats won't go there.

"Grammie" or whatever name he wants to call me!! said...

Maybe Obama will want to take the shine off of Bubba & Hitlary. :-)

Anonymous said...

I thought they were just looking for an independent panel to show the people were guilty and call Obama an idiot for not prosecuting.

Don't forget, he withdrew all charges to halt the proceedings.

Spider said...

Sadly, the USS Cole has become just another stain on our flag. More brave, valuable lives sacrificed for, politics.