Friday, February 6, 2009

Is this really a story?

.
I heard this yesterday and at first I thought Manning must have killed someone's puppy. The Yahoo! Sports Blog headline sounded like it was a basket of puppies.
.
.
Manning's prank goes awry

Peyton Manning has a laugh at Jay Cutler's expense, then realizes the stunt's not funny.

.
.
Manning, with the help of a few other Pro-Bowl jocks threw Jay Cutler of Denver in the pool. Unfortunately and unknown to them, he had his blood sugar meter in his pocket.
.
The stories I heard yesterday made a big deal of this. It continued today. This article says they made "several calls" to find another meter.
.
Several? They sell them at EVERY pharmacy in America. They sell them at Wal-Mart. I think the sports writers are trying to get interest in the Pro-Bowl back up to old levels, so as not to lose their annual trip to Paradise.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael Phelps (alleged potsmoking Olympian gold medlist) must be held to our President, an admitted potsmoker and coke snorter. Yup. We sure have oiur priorities straight

Anonymous said...

Should say....held to a higher stardard the our Prez.

nerd said...

Cutler is a Type 1 diabetic...

That's the cut your feet off, go blind kind of diabetes, but what the hell is news here? A bunch of jocks acting like jocks? They got cutler another meter, so what's the problem?

Off topic:

Michael Phelps lost Kellogg as one of his sponsors, today. Wonder if that'll cause his Wheaties box to go up in value.

Anonymous said...

It's to distract the masses fron what the gov't doesn't want us to see when they keep the real news in plain sight.

Anonymous said...

I'll be at the Pro Bowl on Sunday. Watch for me in about the 10th row on the 15 yard line. I'm the goofy looking old guy (white hair - white goatee) wearing the Annie's Inferno T-Shirt!

:-)

Schteveo said...

IF I watch the game, it'll be from a recording, I'll look for you.

Wish me luck chillin, I take my concealed carry class today and tomorrow. I'm only concerned with my practical. My back is ouchy today, hope I can stand and shoot tomorrow after sitting in class all day.

Anonymous said...

I'll be wearing mine in Costa Rica that week.

Anonymous said...

Steve: You should wear your camoflage Annie's Tee to the class if you really want to conceal it.