Tuesday, February 10, 2009

...and this Article ties into the last one

.
Here's why we need to,
.
A. build a wall between us and Mexico
.
B. prosecute anyone, to the fullest, anyone we catch here committing a crime who is here illegally, regardless of the crime.
.
.
Just as government officials had feared, the drug violence raging in Mexico is spilling over into the United States.

U.S. authorities are reporting a spike in killings, kidnappings and home invasions connected to Mexico's murderous cartels. And to some policymakers' surprise, much of the violence is happening not in towns along the border, where it was assumed the bloodshed would spread, but a considerable distance away, in places such as Phoenix and Atlanta.

Investigators fear the violence could erupt elsewhere around the country because the Mexican cartels are believed to have set up drug-dealing operations all over the U.S., in such far-flung places as Anchorage, Alaska; Boston; and Sioux Falls, S.D.

.
.
I've been to Phoenix and Atlanta. Both places are over run with Spanish speaking men between 18 and 35, who seemingly have no means of support, yet are living well, based on cars and clothes. If, with my limited contact in these towns, I have questions, where the hell are the cops!?
.
I must relate a story to place my anger over this situation.
.
I've said here before that my next door neighbors are Legal Mexican inhabitants of our country. They were hard working, friendly and good neighbors. They hated the illegal Mexicans with a passion, much more than we can or do, because the situation causes them problems.
.
Because of the slowness of construction, they've lost their sub-contracting company.
.
We hadn't really seen them much since Christmas. A few days ago I heard someone knocking on their door with some heavy pounding. When I looked out my peephole, I saw a hard core, mean looking SOB I'd seen before. He is one of the illegals.
.
My neighbors are moving out, most of it at night or in the wee hours of the morning, a box at a time. I really never got an answer as to why, all they'll say is, "...no bolas...".
.
I will always think that they're being pressured by that illegal scumbag to do something illegal, or that they're already into him for $$$ after doing so.
.
And I know that they, as adults, made the mistake if that's what is going on. But I also know that the closer someone lives to temptation and illegality, the easier it is to be taken in or succumb to it. I've seen it too many times.
.
That's why there are numerous gangs and violence in the ghetto, but not so much in Bel Air or Palm Beach.
.
.
Schteveo says build the wall
.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

I find it interesting that Sioux Falls was listed in there.

Trust me, it's here. But I don't expect to see it in a national article with Phoenix, Atlanta, and Boston.

Heidi said...

Oh, and Eat Me!

Jimbo said...

I moved away from Anchorage over 20 years ago. Back then there wasn't a lot of gang activity - unless you counted the 40 Philippinos living in the apartment building behind ‘The Great Alaska Bush Company’ (strip joint). And I don’t think they were a gang per se – they just hung out and Tagalogged.

Weren't many Mexicans there then. Who knew they could swim that far, eh?

Anonymous said...

Click my name for an example of how it's affecting Sioux Falls.

Anonymous said...

Believe me, this problem is "far" worse than anyone is telling you. In fact, if you've noticed, the MSM totally ignors the whole issue for fear they'd have to use the word "illegal", which they would never do.

According to my latest info, the largest and most violent gang in the US is MS-13, which now has members from all over Mexico, south and central America. They are much larger and "far" more violent than the Bloods and Crips combined, and control most of our prisons.

They are active in almost every US city to some degree. Their major activities are recruiting, drugs, recruiting, extortion, recruiting, illegal weapons sales, recruiting, home invasion, recruiting, and murder. And they will kill at the drop of a hat, or even without a hat. This is the price the American people are paying, and will pay, for being the only country in the world that refuses to protect it's own borders!

Schteveo said...

90 pounds of doobage, that's a lotta doobage.

They avoided the legal / illegal aspect of the story nicely I thought.

Anonymous said...

Schteveo, don't judge a book (your neighbors) by it's cover. Things (people) are not always as they seem.