Friday, February 27, 2009

Budget crises put tax refund checks on hold

Boys and girls, it's time to have less withheld from your paycheck for taxes and invest (or spend) your savings elsewhere. Or better yet, make sure you have to send in a check come April 15. (I know....I, for one, am disgusted by the amount this year, not to mention next year!) The average tax refund is over $2000, and about three out of four individual taxpayers will get a refund. But getting a tax refund is like asking for the vegetarian menu at Bill's Barbeque, especially now.

3 comments:

Blue said...

as a good Republican, I always owe both the feds & the state money on April 15th.

Anonymous said...

The communist wealth of virgina, whom I pay my taxes decided that a 900 dollar refund was too much, took all but a hundred dollars amd said it was an "Adjustment" and i end up paying 4 times more than i am supposed to. All the time i send extra so i dont have to pay like last year. I suppose i should be lucky I got anything back. Oh and my income only went up 3.3 percent. And shut the hell up HLT becore your deserve it drivel. I am not sane and believe in payback.

nerd said...

I always owe Uncle Sam something at the end of the tax year. If I didn't owe the IRS, I'd be guilty of allowing those deadbeats the free use of my money for a year.