Thursday, February 12, 2009

The world has 'moved on'

~
British Bishop Arrested for Photographing Kids on Roof
Thursday, February 12, 2009

LONDON — A British bishop who was arrested for taking photographs of his children perched on a rooftop said Thursday he may take legal action against police.
~
Blake said the boys, aged 7 and 8, were wearing harnesses and never in danger. He took the photographs for a school competition,
~
Blake said the police punched and kicked him when they came to arrest him.
~
I suppose if I had been raised in Britainistan, (or many liberal parts of the US) my parents would have been sentenced to life in prison by the time I was 8. As I grew up on a working Texas ranch my father did such unthinkable things as make me shovel snow off the barn roof (without a tether), taught me to handle live rattlesnakes (he was a locally famous snake wrangler); made me ride horses without a helmet; taught me to shoot and let me freely handle firearms; ride in the back of pickups on the highway at high speeds; swim in ponds (with no lifeguard present) where snapping turtles and water moccasins were known inhabitants; sent me to public school when God was allowed there… The list of "dangers" he subjected me to is quite long.
~
Crap – if a kid were to be raised that way today their parents would be euthanized and the kids given to a homosexual couple in San Francisco to learn "butt-love".

The world has ‘moved on’ since the days boys were taught to be men. And people wonder why everything is such a mess. Sheesh.

~

7 comments:

"Grammie" or whatever name he wants to call me!! said...

When I first read the headline, I thought the guy was a pervert but they were HIS kids! Good grief. They were wearing harnesses for God's sake! Yeah...My parents would go to jail because they spanked me (gasp!) and let me so some "dangerous" activities.

Jimbo said...

On the bright side; I have a grandson to raise - a legacy of manhood to pass on. I plan on raising him much the way my father raised me.

God help the liberal-do-gooder who tries to stand in my way.

Anonymous said...

It's just Britain. Everything is weird there.

Anonymous said...

When I was a kid (in the 80s, I'm a youngster) we had a rope swing over a wash that swung pretty high. The rope was tied to a great big eucalyptus (sp?) tree and you swung about 40 feet off the ground (there was no water in the wash) It had a wheel off of a radio-flyer for a seat. I would spend hours on that swing

The fire department finally cut it down after the 5th or 6th broke his arm. There were no lawsuits...

Schteveo said...

I shudder to think what kind of trouble my parents could have gotten into MAKING us ride bicycles to school in the cold, rain, heat, etc. Or for MAKING us cut grass with a power mower etc.

I'll not enter into the stuff we did that they STILL don't know about. I was 50 before I told my mother we used to swim into the St John's River in Jacksonville, catch rattlesnakes, and sell them to biology and herpetology students for $1.00 per snake!!

She was very unhappy.

Anonymous said...

C-Bug said...
"When I first read the headline, I thought the guy was a pervert but they were HIS kids!"

Meaning, it can't/doesn't happen all the time?

"Grammie" or whatever name he wants to call me!! said...

Spidey, The guy obviously wasn't a Catholic Bishop since he had children of his own.