Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Big Brother's Taking Your Info

No, it's not the CIA, the FBI, Dick Cheney, or GW Nitwit. It's Facebook! Yes, this wildly-popular Internet site, which i gather, gives people the opportunity to share their lives with anyone and everyone, feels that your information, regardless of how private or personal it may be, is theirs to do with as they please! I must admit that i'm not at all familiar with this site, (or the reason for it) but i do hear many talking about it, including many of you here. Apparently, many people have a need for attention, yours truly not being one of them.

What i find curious, is that no one seems to mind. When it was leaked that the govt. "might" track some cellphone numbers in an effort to protect us from terrorists, many people in this country went crazy, with the MSM's help of course. Now, sharing almost every detail of your life with the entire world is OK? Go figure...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,494064,00.html

9 comments:

Blue said...

just my point of view------

anyone who pots personal info on any web site has no grounds for complaints when that info is made public

"Grammie" or whatever name he wants to call me!! said...

There is no system today that enables me to share my email address with you and then simultaneously lets me control who you share it with and also lets you control what services you share it with.

Read the CEO's comments about this.

The only thing I can suggest is don't supply cell phone numbers and the like to your friends.

Anonymous said...

Or, be more careful how you choose your friends?

Blue said...

sure is boring around here with BOW on vacation & Poots MIA

Anonymous said...

Yeah, right!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,494804,00.html

P.S. Just heard from Poots. He's home and on the mend. Seems everything went well. He said to beware, cause he'll be back. Soon.

Schteveo said...

Here's what I NEVER understood, adults with a Facebook page. Wasn't that thing for 12 year olds to start with?

"Grammie" or whatever name he wants to call me!! said...

Why Facebook is for Old Fogies

Anonymous said...

Um,... er,.... oops.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,495305,00.html

Schteveo said...

C-Bug,
it may have been co-opted by the middle aged, but so is every other fad that comes down the line.

Remember 45 y/o divorced guys, with long hair, mustaches and platform shoes?



I guess part of the problem is that I am, by nature, a hermit at heart. I could go for days on end without any human interaction. So the "need" for social interaction is weird.

Yeah, yeah, I know. I talk to you bozos every day. But if Algore and The Messiah decide to turn off the interweb to save power and harp seals, I'd survive it.

This is a community that found a common interest, politics and world peace, by chance. I'm not aware of anyone who went looking to join a blog about politics and world peace.